The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BARCEMO
jan11 q3 seems super hard to me... lets do the one paragraph thing

that's cool with me.. whats the question?
Reply 1221
Also, has anyone got ready a perfect paragraph to define organisational culture? I've got mine just about memorised and it seems reasonably good and shouldn't take any more than a couple of minutes to do. (Providing I can remember most of it tomorrow morning!)..We do need to define this don't we...??
Reply 1222
Original post by nadster
that's cool with me.. whats the question?

Greater access to the internet has enabled buyers to search more easily for
information about potential suppliers of goods and services. This has significantly affected many industries, such as insurance, banking, retailing and travel. To what extent do you think that increased internet usage inevitably reduces producers’profits? Justify your answer with reference to organisations and/or industries that youknow.

forgot that there was a new page
Reply 1223
Original post by CGEEZ_95
Also, has anyone got ready a perfect paragraph to define organisational culture? I've got mine just about memorised and it seems reasonably good and shouldn't take any more than a couple of minutes to do. (Providing I can remember most of it tomorrow morning!)..We do need to define this don't we...??

i just define culture ' as the way we do things around here' and then just list off handy's organisational culture types
Original post by BARCEMO
Greater access to the internet has enabled buyers to search more easily for
information about potential suppliers of goods and services. This has significantly affected many industries, such as insurance, banking, retailing and travel. To what extent do you think that increased internet usage inevitably reduces producers’profits? Justify your answer with reference to organisations and/or industries that youknow.

forgot that there was a new page

Haha no worries, you can start :smile:
Reply 1225
Original post by nadster
Haha no worries, you can start :smile:

This question seems too hard for me all i can think of so far..is doing a paragraph on porters 5 forces a
Original post by CGEEZ_95

yepp
the attitudes, values and beliefs of the people in the organisation that control the way they interact with each other and external groups
Reply 1227
So section A will have a question on cultures, then we start of by defining.
Then just relate the bullet points to businesses?
Original post by BARCEMO
This question seems too hard for me all i can think of so far..is doing a paragraph on porters 5 forces a

I'll do a point for first :smile: bear with me
Reply 1229
Original post by nadster
I'll do a point for first :smile: bear with me

I got this..doesn't seem good enough

Greater access to internet means that buyers can compare more products across a wider platform than what they have currently available because they have greater power, each of the individual business can be compared against each other to find the best priced one. So for firms with average prices and little differentiation from competitors, they will see a dramatic fall in profit due to cheaper substitute products being available. For example, the grocery markets’ online sales is 3% which is predicted to increase by at least 12% by the end of 2012. This means that there is a substantial growth market with low barriers to entry which will be attractive, so more competitors can set up online shops meaning the strength of the buyers will increase. Therefore, they can demand prices and negotiate on them so profit margins will fall.
Original post by BARCEMO
I got this..doesn't seem good enough

Greater access to internet means that buyers can compare more products across a wider platform than what they have currently available because they have greater power, each of the individual business can be compared against each other to find the best priced one. So for firms with average prices and little differentiation from competitors, they will see a dramatic fall in profit due to cheaper substitute products being available. For example, the grocery markets’ online sales is 3% which is predicted to increase by at least 12% by the end of 2012. This means that there is a substantial growth market with low barriers to entry which will be attractive, so more competitors can set up online shops meaning the strength of the buyers will increase. Therefore, they can demand prices and negotiate on them so profit margins will fall.

This is quite good... my point isn't that much different

It could be argued that increased internet usage does damage producers profits. This is because online, there are few barriers to entry. This means that it is easy for firms to enter the market and begin selling, suggesting that there is increased levels of competition. As a result of this, firms find themselves needing to compete better on price. This forces retailers that don’t operate over the internet to reduce their prices also as they now begin to face more price elastic demand. This was the case with Game. With increasing numbers of its customers switching to cheaper online retailers, Game struggled to lower its prices enough to successfully retain its customers. As a result of this fall in sales, in April 2012, Game announced the sale of 333 stores to investment firm; Baker Group. Increased internet usage puts pressure on firms to reduce prices, therefore damaging the profits of producers. Those that do not reduce prices may see customer numbers fall, which will also damage profits.
Reply 1231
Original post by nadster
This is quite good... my point isn't that much different

It could be argued that increased internet usage does damage producers profits. This is because online, there are few barriers to entry. This means that it is easy for firms to enter the market and begin selling, suggesting that there is increased levels of competition. As a result of this, firms find themselves needing to compete better on price. This forces retailers that don’t operate over the internet to reduce their prices also as they now begin to face more price elastic demand. This was the case with Game. With increasing numbers of its customers switching to cheaper online retailers, Game struggled to lower its prices enough to successfully retain its customers. As a result of this fall in sales, in April 2012, Game announced the sale of 333 stores to investment firm; Baker Group. Increased internet usage puts pressure on firms to reduce prices, therefore damaging the profits of producers. Those that do not reduce prices may see customer numbers fall, which will also damage profits.

Your examples are so amazing..i cant even remember much for my examples and your listing off paragraphs
[INDENT]How about... do you agree that organisational culture is the most important intangible asset of a successful business?[/INDENT]
ive got good examples but not many points??

Original post by BARCEMO
Your examples are so amazing..i cant even remember much for my examples and your listing off paragraphs

:colondollar: They're not that good, but thanks :smile: I have mainly focused today on memorising the section B facts & stats
Original post by iggyDash
[INDENT]How about... do you agree that organisational culture is the most important intangible asset of a successful business?[/INDENT]

Yeah that's why I suggested that one... it's tough isn't it?
Reply 1235
Original post by iggyDash
How about... do you agree that organisational culture is the most important intangible asset of a successful business?

give me a couple minutes
Reply 1236
Anyone else doing an all nighter? Or even trying to stay up as long as possible?
I really want to smash this exam as it is my last one, tomorrow at 10:45am we will all be free guys! Yaaay :smile:
Original post by nadster
Yeah that's why I suggested that one... it's tough isn't it?

Yeah it is tough. its the points like why is it an successfull intangable assets.

Then theres other intangable assets like patents , trademarks and what not/
Haven't thought about this just been revising lool.

How long is the exam?

How many questions to choose from in each section?
Original post by dulwin
Anyone else doing an all nighter? Or even trying to stay up as long as possible?
I really want to smash this exam as it is my last one, tomorrow at 10:45am we will all be free guys! Yaaay :smile:

I would definitely do an all nighter if I could... I can never seem to stay up until after 12 :/
and yeah haha can't wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending