B - 46
C - 39
D - 32

Dreamy boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amazing Al
Dreamy boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say about right :P it was 51 for an A in june 2011 and that was an easier paper.
how does the ums thing work, is it based on the overall performance of everyone ?

or does it work like 0.9 x 72 =90 % etc ?
Reply 903
All you need to do is google 'unit raw marks grade boundaries ocr' to check out all of the raw marks for the past few years. It makes me depressed to think in that the piss easy papers before 2010s, as low as 50-54 could get us an A. But if you look at jan 2013, june and jan 12, there has been a significant increase... It's going to be around 58/59 for an A since jan 13 was 60... and the difference between each grade is normally 6-7 marks. That makes t 66 or 67 for an A* grade... I've just kissed goodbye my Cambridge offer
Reply 904
Original post by TheSneakyBadger
june 2012 was a considerably easier paper. Sorry :')

Well then let's prepared to get ferked. June 2012's A mark was 57, so 64 for an A*. So if you really do think it was 'considerably easier', then you should expect a 59/60 A mark, and a 66/67 A* grade.
Reply 905
Original post by mykho1
All you need to do is google 'unit raw marks grade boundaries ocr' to check out all of the raw marks for the past few years. It makes me depressed to think in that the piss easy papers before 2010s, as low as 50-54 could get us an A. But if you look at jan 2013, june and jan 12, there has been a significant increase... It's going to be around 58/59 for an A since jan 13 was 60... and the difference between each grade is normally 6-7 marks. That makes t 66 or 67 for an A* grade... I've just kissed goodbye my Cambridge offer

Jan this year are June last year were both much easier than today I reckon 57 for a A 63 for 90% is probably closer although speculation doesn't help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 906
Original post by studentro
You clearly have no idea about how grade boundaries are calculated.

Go check out the data online before making a comment like that please.
Reply 907
Original post by Goods
Jan this year are June last year were both much easier than today I reckon 57 for a A 63 for 90% is probably closer although speculation doesn't help

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they were easier, that means the A mark will be higher than those two years'. FYI, jan was 60 and june last year was 57... I personally don't think an A grade can go beyond 60 because that'd just be ridiculous. But a lowered A mark for easier (if you think so) papers doesn't make sense :frown:
Reply 908
Original post by mykho1
If they were easier, that means the A mark will be higher than those two years'. FYI, jan was 60 and june last year was 57... I personally don't think an A grade can go beyond 60 because that'd just be ridiculous. But a lowered A mark for easier (if you think so) papers doesn't make sense :frown:

That's what everyone else is telling you....*facedesk* We had a slightly harder paper so you expect a slightly lower A boundary I.e last year was easier and was 60 for an A this year was harder therefore 57 for an A is a reasonable estimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 909
Original post by mykho1

For one of the c4 past papers I did, the grade boundary for an A was 62 marks :'0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 910
Original post by aje14
Most people In my school struggled with this on the whole. Easily the hardest C4 paper ive done. Thinking about 52 for the A?

Nice to see people thinking the same. Think ive dropped 18-20 marks. Made some horrible mistakes :banghead:

agree, definitely one of the hardest c4 I've done, june 2009 and june 2011 are the 2nd hardest in my opinion which has a grade boundaries of 53-51 for an a I think. normal maths students in my school said the paper was quite tough too, I think I got about 56-55 hopefully enough for an a, but a goodbye to a* and my 1st choice uni.
I honestly think low 50s for an A.
In fact, I'm praying for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mykho1
Well then let's prepared to get ferked. June 2012's A mark was 57, so 64 for an A*. So if you really do think it was 'considerably easier', then you should expect a 59/60 A mark, and a 66/67 A* grade.

What? this paper was harder, so the grade boundaries will be lower than 57 for an A. my guess right now would be 53.
Original post by mykho1

Why would an easier paper have lower grade boundaries? If the paper itself was easier and people did better in terms of raw marks, surely that would cause the grade boundaries be higher than one where people didn't do as well.
Original post by mykho1
Go check out the data online before making a comment like that please.

I probably spend more time looking at grade boundaries than revising. Grade boundaries are calculated based on the performance of the cohort sitting that particular exam in that series. The whole purpose of the UMS system is to balance the value of raw marks depending on how well a candidates have performed in each exam series. As a general example, 60/72 in a hard paper is scaled to be worth more than 60/72 in an easier paper. To state that they would maintain grade boundaries arbitrarily seems to go against the whole principle of UMS and is certainly not being "realistic".
Reply 915
For Q1 I put the squared on the (x+2) instead of on the (x+1) so got completely different numbers. Will I get 0 marks? Thanks
Original post by MDG1
For Q1 I put the squared on the (x+2) instead of on the (x+1) so got completely different numbers. Will I get 0 marks? Thanks

If you got between -4 and 3 then no shouldn't matter, at most you'll drop 1-2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScarlettFierce
I honestly think low 50s for an A.
In fact, I'm praying for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you find the paper ?, i found the last question hard and made a few careless mistakes here and there... lost about 10-15 marks probably.

all those ocr past papers i did, nothing of the sort came up except a few, most were a diff style
Reply 918
Original post by strikerextreme
how did you find the paper ?, i found the last question hard and made a few careless mistakes here and there... lost about 10-15 marks probably.

all those ocr past papers i did, nothing of the sort came up except a few, most were a diff style

Yea I hoping not more than 15 marks lost as I need C4 to make up for S2 today paha
Original post by strikerextreme

Made A LOT of silly mistakes, I'm so annoyed with myself.
Probably lost about 20 marks... if I'm lucky :frown:
Was really annoyed implicit differentiation didn't come up, though.
Glad it wasn't so bd for you. Hopefully you get an A :biggrin:
You probably will since grade boundaries will probably be low!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending