The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth 2013 firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got an unconditional for computing and im coming from stowmarket in suffolk, I also got confirmation of my place in Dorchester house yesterday!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by reneebailey_
Literally like that isn't even an option! Do u think you'll get an A?x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully as I think the exam went well aha x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 62
Original post by buzzcobain
I got an unconditional for computing and im coming from stowmarket in suffolk, I also got confirmation of my place in Dorchester house yesterday!

Applied for Dorcehster House as well as I did a Btec so already have an unconditional, still not heard back for accommodation, when did you apply for yours?
Reply 63
Original post by Jackyp14
Applied for Dorcehster House as well as I did a Btec so already have an unconditional, still not heard back for accommodation, when did you apply for yours?

I've applied for Dorchester House too in early june since I already have an unconditional :smile: I got an email saying that they are holding my application in date order until ive been allocated :biggrin:
Reply 64
I firmed for Advertising :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by Jackyp14

I applied in either January or February on the first day you could apply haha, when did you apply?
Sup guys, from Hong Kong over here! I put Bournemouth as my firm. :smile: I'm so incredibly excited and scared at the time ahhh. Anyone choosing Corfe house for their student accommodation? x
Reply 67
I've firmed for Advertising in September, and think I'm going to apply for Dorchester House, it's just annoying that we have to wait until results to apply for accommodation :frown:
Original post by JMB94
I've firmed for Advertising in September, and think I'm going to apply for Dorchester House, it's just annoying that we have to wait until results to apply for accommodation :frown:

I know right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed for PR and took a gap year so already got my unconditional :smile: anyone else applied for Cranbourne? I've applied and received my offer - had a friend stay there last year and said it was really nice! Anyone else doing PR or applying for Cranbourne too?
Congrats... When did you get your offer for cranborne? I've applied for there too but haven't heard anything back yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahWhite94
Congrats... When did you get your offer for cranborne? I've applied for there too but haven't heard anything back yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my offer a couple of weeks back but I did apply a while ago! I reckon they'll still have loads of places! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Don't be worried about being alone on the weekends. You'll make so many new friends during freshers and you'll meet up all the time! Bournemouth is an amazing town and there is always things to do (except for Fireworks night where there was virtually nothing.). After freshers weekends become pretty expensive in town, and you'll probably end up avoiding them as soon as you spend all your loan... Then you'll end up just going out on the occasional weekend. Usually Bedlam or something similar.
If you get halls, I advice bringing some alcohol for the first night. It's a great thing to start a conversation with, and you'll likely end up going to Firestation with your flatmates on your first night!
Have a great time at freshers and don't regret a thing... :/
Reply 73
BU is my firm and got my place in Dorchester House, anyone actually heard back about paying deposits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone taking instruments with them/ can you take them with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not but I don't want to get out of practice :/

Reply 75
Original post by Leafclovers
Is anyone taking instruments with them/ can you take them with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not but I don't want to get out of practice :/

Taking my ukulele, god help the people in my dorm.
Original post by Raptorili
Taking my ukulele, god help the people in my dorm.

I'm not sure whether to bring my electric guitar or my acoustic. I'll probably take my ukelele if I don't bring either. Probably not anything else though aha

Reply 77
Original post by Leafclovers
I'm not sure whether to bring my electric guitar or my acoustic. I'll probably take my ukelele if I don't bring either. Probably not anything else though aha

Nothing wrong with an acoustic just thing about spending evenings on the beach front with one or down the local parks.
Hey all! I've got an unconditional to study Computer Visualisation & Animation!

I applied for Purbeck house about a week ago!
it seems that waiting for halls to reply takes a good few weeks then!

I'm probably taking my electric guitar and amp! An acoustic guitar on campus seems a little American cliché haha!

Anybody know about what freshers will be like? And student events like carnage or bedlam?
Reply 79
Original post by ShannonCarney
Bournemouth is my firm also! I'm travelling from London so not quite as far haha, but I'm sure they'll be people you meet who you can spend weekends with and so on. Exciting times!

Im from London too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending