The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Pros and cons of Bournemouth University?

I received an offer for Bournemouth uni for psychology, as well as portsmouth, kent, southampton, and warwick. I'm thinking of firming Bournemouth, as the course looks super interesting and I've heard great things from students there. Nightlife looks great, accomodation looks amazing and the town looks really active with lots to do- all things that're really important to me.

I just wanted to know if any students there have some pros and cons of the uni? Especially if they're psychology based.

Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kiremio
I received an offer for Bournemouth uni for psychology, as well as portsmouth, kent, southampton, and warwick. I'm thinking of firming Bournemouth, as the course looks super interesting and I've heard great things from students there. Nightlife looks great, accomodation looks amazing and the town looks really active with lots to do- all things that're really important to me.

I just wanted to know if any students there have some pros and cons of the uni? Especially if they're psychology based.

Thanks!

Hi there:smile:

Congratulations on getting your offers! It's great to see Kent in your list. If you have any questions about our campus or uni life in general then please let me know. Best of luck with making your decision.

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by kiremio

Thanks!

hey, i do psychology at bmouth. the course is quite interesting, lots of work but thats psychology. bournemouth is nice if you dont fancy a big city but want a balance of things to do, its so nice having a beach for example but then lots of nightlife. for the most part the accom is okay some nicer than others like dorchester, bailey point, skyline
Reply 3
Hi , what’s the most expensive nicest accommodation please ?
Original post by Honeycombe
Hi , what’s the most expensive nicest accommodation please ?

Hiya!

We have several great accommodation options at BU, Bailey Point is probably our most luxurious accommodation with a roof terrace and a gym! You can take a look at all our options here https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/why-bu/accommodation/accommodation-options

Any other questions, please let us know! :smile:

Thanks,
Kerry, BU Official Rep
Reply 5
Thankyou Kerry
Thankyou Kerry

Skyline is the most expensive and luxurious accommodation.
Reply 7
Original post by inquisitiveguy
Skyline is the most expensive and luxurious accommodation.

Thanks , is skyline in a nice location

Thanks , is skyline in a nice location

Yes, it’s next to most of the other accommodations, and near the train station and a large asda.

It’s really, really nice but very expensive.
Reply 9
Thanks for your reply
Hey Kiremio,
My name is Will, I'm a Media Production Student at BU currently on my placement year.
Great to hear you are thinking of firming bournemouth. I'm in my 3rd year out of 4 of my studies and I can say for sure that Bournemouth was the right choice for me!
We have some great accomodation options for you, and if you name BU as your firm choice, you get our accomodation guarantee (basically, you are guaranteed a place in our accomodations)! I personally stayed in Dorchester House which is perfectly situated right across from an ASDA and Lidl, as well as the train station and the U1 Bus which goes straight to Talbot Campus. It is however slightly separate from the rest of the accomodations but less than a 5 minute walk!

Bournemouth as a place is great to live. as somebody who comes from East Anglia Countryside, I didn't want to go to a very busy city for University, and I also wanted to be near the coast, and Bournemouth is a great mix of everything I love - Urban, Rural & Coastal! The university itself is a fairly small campus, but we have some incredible facilities which you can tour on Open Days.

Not to mention the majority of our courses have an optional sandwich placement year which I am currently doing! This allows you to get first hand experience in the real world of work, and often placement students get re-hired after they graduate!

I hope this helps, if you want to know more about Psychology specifically, you can chat to other students via Unibuddy - https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/unibuddy

I hope this helps

Will - BU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending