The Student Room Group

REGARDING The GCSE B REQUIREMENT IN ENGLISH FOR CERTAIN UNIVERSITIES AND UCAS HELP

HI there.
I received my AS Results today with ABCD (Psychology, Maths, Economics and Business)
I've been really disappointed with my grades I received today and felt as if I could've done a lot better, and now feel as though my university choices are not going to be as good, and that the universities which I would consider such as City, Queen Mary and King's may now not be for me :frown:, especially since I haven't got a B in my GCSE language (I have a C)
However, I have heard that on my UCAS form that my predicted grades would appear rather than my AS Results and I'm pretty certain that I could get predicted an A* in Psychology and an A in Maths, and I could possibly have a B in my Economics, therefore resulting in having A*AB as my final grades. So having these predicted grades (and hopefully achieving them) would I be able to apply to those universities without the B in English Language or not?
I have considered to retake my GCSE in English in order to improve it onto a B or even higher, but I haven't done my GCSEs in over 2 years, so I'm not too sure on how the whole procedure will be...
So my main question is on whether or not my predicted grades would come onto my UCAS form rather than my actual AS results?
If it would be possible could someone please explain to me the procedure of the whole GCSE in English Language, like if I am supposed to just retake the exams or must I retake all the courseworks as well? I'd really appreciate the help.
Reply 1
Nope your AS results appear too. They are more important than predicted, too.
Reply 2
Original post by IAmABaws
Nope your AS results appear too. They are more important than predicted, too.

How about if I have additional AS's which I have from before, would they contribute to anything?
Reply 3
Yeah they would I suppose
Reply 4
Any advice on the English GCSE requirement for certain universities would be greatly appreciated. Really need to know on whether I could just retake the exam and keep my records of my previous English Course-works or whether I must redo everything

Quick Reply

Latest