The Student Room Group

The Egypian chaos is Islam vs Secularism

If any of you would care to look at the situation with critical eyes that then "HURR DUUR THE EVIL GOVNERMONT KILLING INUCCENT PEEPLES".

The army is compromised of Christians, secular Muslims (read: deviant by the rest of the Muslims)

Look at who the protestors are, fanatics saying if they don't get their way egypt will expirience a wave of "explosions", that they want Shariah as their top goal, some of the older people on the front line refused to be move away because they wanted to be martyred.

Its the same in Syria. One of the only Secular (regimes) countries is now under threat from Islam.

Brutal dictatorship is necessary in the middle east to stop zeolots taking over and causing mayhem. Of course, the fanatics want mayhem, perpetual Jihad, martyrdom and fighting for Allah is the ultimate sacrifice.

I don't care if the Egyptian protestors at this moment are innocent, they are fanatical Islamists. The day they are all wiped out is the day humanity can massively move forward and so much death and intolerance will disappear.

I hope they start the factories and begin the genocide. Anyone who places religion over humanity should be liquidized.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you went a bit extreme at the end there... by doing that you're making yourself as bad as them.

But when you see supporters/members of the muslim brotherhood with posters saying 'no democracy, just Islam' it does make you wonder whether they would be better under the old dictatorships they're over-throwing/over-thrown or with the muslim brotherhood in power, who seem to be taking over north Africa/the middle east ... it probably depends on who you are. They weren't happy with the old regimes, but it seems that the elected presidents are just as bad as the old dictators.

I think Syria is a difficult case. The Asad government seem to be as bad as the protestors to me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
The MB are a bunch of clerical fascists hiding behind crowds who had nothing to do with the original revolution (I think they even prevented their members for joining in initially and advised against it) who used the support they have from illiterate people and backward villages to take the election (again people who had nothing to do with the revolution)

they then worried more about making Egyptians religious than they did about anything else

All I can say is well done the army for dealing with the trash and I just hope today the Christians are given a bit of extra protection as we all know who will be targeted by MD followers today
Reply 3
On the BBC just now, the first image of the protesters are people shouting Allahu Akbar and holding Qu'rans next to Morsi.

Fanatics.
Hehe, attacking is defending syndrome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
1. Not all members of the military supported the coup, some have refused to fire on Protesters. Here's me hoping for a Syria to occur in Egypt, but we'll see.

2. Not all those who are out Marching are MB supporters, some are simply pro-democracy/Anti-Coup.

3. They're not calling for "Shariah" or anything like that (unfortunately), pretty much all or most have been calling for either the legitimate ruler (Mursi) to be re-instated or Democracy to quickly be re-established and Military power to become void.

4. These "Islamists" have been heavily criticised by "other Islamists" for taking such a Ghandhi approach towards being shot, tortured, killed and imprisoned. Even today, they were calling for "peaceful protests again", which has received a lot of negativity from Islamists who feel that arms should be taken up to defend against an enemy that has no intention of respecting their rights. An enemy who has no issues with mercilessly killing civilians, including "western" foreign journalists.

Picture of a 17 year old girl who got killed recently due to Military fire;

This was her last facebook message (which has been going viral) before getting murdered;

"Do you know the truth of martyrdom and that it doesn't stop the hands of the oppressor from taking the people's soul and their money, but it robs oppression of its control of people's souls from which the memories of the martyrs take control. This, of itself, is trust being carried out. People may surrender to the power of oppression but they don't surrender their souls. This is the heritage of humanity and what generations will inherit outside the history books, this and only this."

5. Ever since the massacres, many of those who once supported the Coup have switched sides (it doesn't necessarily mean they support the MB though)

One thing you're right about that, most of the protesters against the coup are the more religious Muslims (some are secularists though on the account of being against what they see as injustice in terms of the coup which undermined democratic values, the massacre etc.), whereas most the one's who support the oppressive Military are the Secularists/Copts.

May Allah liberate Egypt and give victory to al-Islam. Egyptians are very brave, even today they're out in big numbers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
May Allah liberate Egypt and give victory to al-Islam. Egyptians are very brave, even today they're out in big numbers.

RIP to that girl, and others like her. They are indisputably brave, In a way I can't even imagine.

Nonetheless, people like you really worry me, because you always have articulate arguments, but your final aim is always victory to Islam, not to peace and tolerance. Unless you think they are the same thing? Do you want everyone to live under Shariah law, or Muslims to have their own laws in a secular state?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dinghy

I hope they start the factories and begin the genocide. Anyone who places religion over humanity should be liquidized.

Sick, twisted extremist.
Original post by pieceofmeat
:s-smilie:

Ha ha, ok :tongue:

What I mean is he comes across as reasonable in tone, and sounds like he knows what he's talking about in great detail. However, all reason stops as soon as religion is mentioned. It's easy to dismiss raving extremists, but this is where religion becomes really dangerous.
Original post by Octohedral
Ha ha, ok :tongue:

What I mean is he comes across as reasonable in tone, and sounds like he knows what he's talking about in great detail. However, all reason stops as soon as religion is mentioned. It's easy to dismiss raving extremists, but this is where religion becomes really dangerous.

If you think his arguments are intelligent why do they suddenly seem bad when it turns out they are for a religion?

You want to see a raving extremist? The OP is a great example.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
1. Not all members of the military supported the coup, some have refused to fire on Protesters. Here's me hoping for a Syria to occur in Egypt, but we'll see.

2. Not all those who are out Marching are MB supporters, some are simply pro-democracy/Anti-Coup.

3. They're not calling for "Shariah" or anything like that (unfortunately), pretty much all or most have been calling for either the legitimate ruler (Mursi) to be re-instated or Democracy to quickly be re-established and Military power to become void.

4. These "Islamists" have been heavily criticised by "other Islamists" for taking such a Ghandhi approach towards being shot, tortured, killed and imprisoned. Even today, they were calling for "peaceful protests again", which has received a lot of negativity from Islamists who feel that arms should be taken up to defend against an enemy that has no intention of respecting their rights. An enemy who has no issues with mercilessly killing civilians, including "western" foreign journalists.

This was her last facebook message (which has been going viral) before getting murdered;

"Do you know the truth of martyrdom and that it doesn't stop the hands of the oppressor from taking the people's soul and their money, but it robs oppression of its control of people's souls from which the memories of the martyrs take control. This, of itself, is trust being carried out. People may surrender to the power of oppression but they don't surrender their souls. This is the heritage of humanity and what generations will inherit outside the history books, this and only this."

5. Ever since the massacres, many of those who once supported the Coup have switched sides (it doesn't necessarily mean they support the MB though)

One thing you're right about that, most of the protesters against the coup are the more religious Muslims (some are secularists though on the account of being against what they see as injustice in terms of the coup which undermined democratic values, the massacre etc.), whereas most the one's who support the oppressive Military are the Secularists/Copts.

Ameen
Original post by IdeasForLife
If you think his arguments are intelligent why do they suddenly seem bad when it turns out they are for a religion?

I don't think all his arguments are intelligent, obviously. I think his reason stops when it comes to religion, because he claims to be pro peace, and making a reasoned argument about the 'oppressive military', then turns out to be pro Islam, regardless of tolerance, which implies that his underlying agenda is obeying God. Bear in mind this is based on reading a lot of posts, not just this one.

It's this mixture of reason with blind faith that I find dangerous to anyone who wants a tolerant society.

You want to see a raving extremist? The OP is a great example.

I made no comment on the OP. I am for secularism but against genocide, like most sane people.

Edit: To clarify, this isn't a personal vendetta against Al-Mudaari, it was an offhand comment on a type of mindset.
Reply 12
Videos of pro-Morsi extremists firing away at the police and the security forces with their AKs circulate the internet in great numbers. The protesters seek weaponry - that's the chief reason behind the attacks on police stations across the country.

I wouldn't call that a peaceful crowd, these people want blood, they use women and children as a human shield and as a device to coerce the media into believing that they stand for democracy - a cowardly tactic initially adopted by Palestinians.
Reply 13
Original post by Dinghy
If any of you would care to look at the situation with critical eyes that then "HURR DUUR THE EVIL GOVNERMONT KILLING INUCCENT PEEPLES".

Everyone already knows that the killings are due to Islam.
Reply 14
To be honest ive lost all interest in the middle east. They want an islamic state then they can stay in the dark ages for as long as they want, but they cant blame us when they turn into third world countries.
Reply 15

Ameen.

Egypt will be liberated from these oppressors, and there is nothing all of the elite "powers" of this world can do about it, as all power comes from Allah.
Reply 16
Original post by The_Duck
To be honest ive lost all interest in the middle east. They want an islamic state then they can stay in the dark ages for as long as they want, but they cant blame us when they turn into third world countries.

Haha, don't you worry about Islam. No matter how much the world "powers" try to oppress the truth, they cannot prevent the inevitable. Then you will see the "dark ages" you talk about.

Muslims fell from being pioneers into the third world the moment they left their religion for nationalism, but mashallah they are now waking up. Supporters of genocide, as the OP of this thread I feel will be sorely disappointed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I prefer to think of it as Democracy Vs Military dictatorship.

The protesters are not just composed of Muslim brotherhood, some are simply anti coup and some are also protesting against this so called peaceful transition to democracy, (Eliminate Muslim brotherhood, empower the hardliners in their midst and install military theocracy.)

Honestly, what can a president do when he has about 5,000 strikers in his first year of presidency?

Mass movements with remnants of old military regime, political parties and influential people in Egypt conspiring to have him removed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending