The Student Room Group

Right of marrying as non virgin ISLAM

Assalamu Aleykum

I have a really important question
I want to marry someone but my family doesn’t approve it

I am a non virgin because of my past sins I committed with the person I want to marry

My question is do I still need permission to marry this person even tho I’m not a virgin
And can a Islamic ruler be my wali since my guardians have no good reason to not approve my marriage ?
He is a good man with good characters !!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Assalamu Aleykum

I have a really important question
I want to marry someone but my family doesn’t approve it

I am a non virgin because of my past sins I committed with the person I want to marry

My question is do I still need permission to marry this person even tho I’m not a virgin
And can a Islamic ruler be my wali since my guardians have no good reason to not approve my marriage ?
He is a good man with good characters !!

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam, I would suggest not seeking answers to these questions on public forums as they require people of knowledge who know your situation. You should ask someone knowledgable in your area who is upon the Sunnah to look into your situation.
Reply 2
Religion wastes people's life. Why should someone else choose who you want to marry?
Reply 3
Assuming that you are over 18 years of age and based in the UK, legally you can choose which single adult's offer of marriage to accept.
You can also choose both a willing venue to hold the ceremony and decide to nominate any consenting adult male representative to act on your behalf.

Do bear in mind that most traditionalist islamic leaders are almost certain to be very harsh with you for not having parental agreement and choosing not to wait until marriage.
Plenty of religious venues authorised to perform legally recognised religious ceremonies will turn you away.
You may be better off going down the secular marriage route, much less risk of being insulted or having your booking declined.

I hope that you do not get hassled by any TSR trolls nor targeted for abuse by anonymous abusers or toxic jerks. :smile:
If you are bothered by any, let the mods know and don't take any nasty comments personally.
Life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on those individuals that don't deserve any of either.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending