The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an A overall but a b in this exam! Honestly don't know what went wrong! I thought the exam was completely fine at the time! But turns out I missed the a boundary by 2 UMS!! So frustrating!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4581
I got 137/150, slightly disappointed tbh I thought I had 100%. Does anyone know what raw mark 137/150 was?
Does anyone know when the official mark scheme is released please?
Original post by ImAz
Ill be re-sitting the AS ISA's next year, does anyone have any tips on how to do well in these? I always do really bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are ISA's the practical coursework? Can you definitely resit these?
Reply 4584
Original post by SavannaC

At my college, they allow us to resit the AS ISA's one more time during A2, but you don't get 3 attempts like we did for AS. It might be different if you're resitting the whole AS though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SavannaC

yes you can. I just finished year13 and resat 2 AS practicals :smile:
Original post by CurtisDean
I got a C in f323! I really dislike ISAs we did them 3x and i still only got a C :'(!

How on earth am I going to do them next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry, I personally found they got easier at a2. maybe because I worked harder/my general chemistry was better, idk. but just read the question properly and revise the topic its based on thoroughly :smile:
Original post by katie1109
Does anyone know when the official mark scheme is released please?

you should be able to get them from your teacher when you go back to school.
Original post by furryface12
Mine is a lot worse too, was expecting an A and got a D for F322 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ReginaPhalange29
I got an A overall but a b in this exam! Honestly don't know what went wrong! I thought the exam was completely fine at the time! But turns out I missed the a boundary by 2 UMS!! So frustrating!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ashkun
i got 77/90 and 125/150 but i felt soooo confident leaving the exam that i got full marks in both haha
im thinking of retaking f322 next year to get more ums points just incase the year 13 modules dont go well. is this a good idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by krishkmistry
Resitting F322.Got 98 which was shocking so i'm getting the paper back for this and resitting is.Think i got 68 raw marks too,which on another day would get me a B,but ah idk :frown:

potentially your exam papers were marked incorrectly/too harshly but its more than likely you made a silly mistake.

its easy to make silly mistakes - you miss off one hydrogen off a compound and you've lost a mark. lack of clear working out on a question and you lose a mark. if your definition doesnt include one of the key words you lose a mark. its probably things like this, not being precise enough and making silly mistakes.

with regards to retakes, I would strongly NOT advise it, mainly due to the fact of the lack of january exams. you're gonna have at least 2 exams per subject most likely, and on top of that resits which means you'll miss out on revision time for a2, and a load more stress. a2 gets 10x harder, both with the content (in unit5 mainly) and the exams are a lot harder.

I personally resat both exams, one in january and one in june, but I could just about afford to as I did some a2 modules in january. I would say focus on your a2 stuff, unless you got a VERY low mark in this exam (D or lower, potentially a C) don't resit.

best of luck guys, anymore questions feel free to quote or PM me, I managed to get an overall A after only scraping a B at AS.
Original post by EL77
I got 137/150, slightly disappointed tbh I thought I had 100%. Does anyone know what raw mark 137/150 was?

I'd say around 90. you've done well enough to give you a fair amount of leeway for year 13 so dont worry :smile:
So I am thinking about re-taking ISA? I really want an A overall in Chemistry and I am only 7 UMS marks away! If I can move my C up to a B, then I apparently have an overall A. It just makes me sad, because Chemistry is my favourite subject. I don't understand why I got an A in Biology (the subject I actually want to drop) and I don't get an A in Chemistry. :frown:
Original post by SILHAM
Hey guys can anyone give me advice on how to do well in these A2 exams for next year? I would appreciate it :smile: I mean I worked my balls off and only got a C, put the most effort in chem even though I got an A in psychology and maths please give revision tips ect. Cheer guys

first of all I would suggest getting a copy of both your papers back to see where you went wrong or if the marking was too harsh.

whats ur normal revision technique?

I used the ocr endorsed textbook+ the cgp revision guide and made notes from there then did past papers. anything i was confused about i went to chemguide.co.uk
Original post by SILHAM
I do love learning about Chemistry, how many RAW marks would 13 UMS have been?

13ums in this paper? did u mean to say 133 or something? 13 wouldnt be much, probably 7ish raw marks.
Original post by furryface12
Mine is a lot worse too, was expecting an A and got a D for F322 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well if you came out of the exam thinking it went well, a D seems quite strange so get your paper back and check the marking.
Original post by Deziah
117 UMS, can't say I'm not disappointed. I don't actually understand where I went wrong, so I'm really at a loss as to what I can do better in the future. I learned all my chemistry inside and out, maybe they were tough with their mark scheme or whatever. :eek:

get your paper back and see where you went wrong or if the marking was too strict. I did this last year and it helped me a lot.
Reply 4596
Got 132/150 ums. All I can say to the retakers is to read the ocr textbook over and over again and do the past papers over and over again, always aiming for 100%. Also do the legacy papers as they are a big help. (that's how I revise chem and got A overall in A2)
Reply 4597
I got 137/150 in this :smile:
Reply 4598
Original post by needtosucceed=)
13ums in this paper? did u mean to say 133 or something? 13 wouldnt be much, probably 7ish raw marks.

That is how far I was from a B overall, got a B in jan exam and coursework but messed summer exam, my time management was awful!! I missed out around 10 marks I knew how to do because of timing:/
Original post by SILHAM
That is how far I was from a B overall, got a B in jan exam and coursework but messed summer exam, my time management was awful!! I missed out around 10 marks I knew how to do because of timing:/

Ohhhh right I see, well you wasn't too far. ahhh damn that sucks, well you can definitely improve this year or retake f322?

Latest

Trending

Trending