The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
I got 126/140 UMS which I'm really ecstatic about and an A overall.
i got 98:mad: in the paper and 55:biggrin: for the oral im getting the paper remarked no questions asked as i think i should have done better than that
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 422
174/200 in total :biggrin:
Does anyone know what the A* prediction mark would be, ~170 or ~180ish?
Reply 423
Original post by Dwi3774
174/200 in total :biggrin:
Does anyone know what the A* prediction mark would be, ~170 or ~180ish?

180/200 and 360/400 :smile:
Reply 424
Original post by Goosegogs
180/200 and 360/400 :smile:

Ahhhh damnit, close :mad:
Reply 425
I'm so relieved and happy I got an A!!
Reply 426
Original post by phippsyc
Can people on here tell me whether they would recommend me doing a level french? Im really interested in it and have always loved it since GCSE. I'm just wondering how much if your time it took up? And if it was a really difficult a level

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on how much time you want to spend on it; the more you spend, the better your grade (like any other A Level). But I have to say that studying French is a different experience to any other subject which is rewarding in itself. Also, it's definitely a useful prospect to know a different language.
I got 128/140 and 55/60, so I'm predicted an A*! :biggrin: SO HAPPY!
Reply 428
Original post by ArtisticFlair
I got 128/140 and 55/60, so I'm predicted an A*! :biggrin: SO HAPPY!

Wooo!
Are you thinking of doing french at Uni?
I'm thinking of applying to do french and italian at Cambridge :colondollar:
Wooo!

I'd like to apply for French and German at Cambridge too! Have you done any reading over the summer? It's great to have time to do so! Sorry for butting in to the conversation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wooo!

Aah no, I'm hoping to do English at Oxford!

Although I have read quite a few French books... definitely read Un Sac de Billes, L'etranger and Une tempete (Cesaire).

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 431
Original post by Morgenmuffel96
I'd like to apply for French and German at Cambridge too! Have you done any reading over the summer? It's great to have time to do so! Sorry for butting in to the conversation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh! This is so exciting, do you know which college you're going to apply to yet? And yes I've read a bit, i'm currently reading Camu's La Peste, but to be honest I am so busy! I'm applying for italian ab initio so trying to teach myself a bit. Dreading starting my personal statement...no idea where to begin. Good luck!
Reply 432
Aah no, I'm hoping to do English at Oxford!

Although I have read quite a few French books... definitely read Un Sac de Billes, L'etranger and Une tempete (Cesaire).

Good luck! :smile:

Wow, sounds great, and thanks for the heads up!
Wow, sounds great, and thanks for the heads up!

Have a look at this - AP exams are the American equivalent of A-levels, and those lucky people have one in French Literature! (There's a really good reading list, and links to dictionaries of French literary terms, etc).

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/french_lit_teachers_guide.pdf

What other subjects do you do? X
Reply 434
Have a look at this - AP exams are the American equivalent of A-levels, and those lucky people have one in French Literature! (There's a really good reading list, and links to dictionaries of French literary terms, etc).

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/french_lit_teachers_guide.pdf

What other subjects do you do? X

Thanks again! How did you find this?
I do English Lit, Psychology and History. And you? :smile: x
Thanks again! How did you find this?
I do English Lit, Psychology and History. And you? :smile: x

Aah I have family in America... they're always going on about AP exams so I thought I'd take a look... if you dig around a bit, I think there's a Italian Language & Culture AP, which could be useful?

I do English Lit, History, French and Classics. Totally regret Classics - dropping it! X
Reply 436
Aah I have family in America... they're always going on about AP exams so I thought I'd take a look... if you dig around a bit, I think there's a Italian Language & Culture AP, which could be useful?

I do English Lit, History, French and Classics. Totally regret Classics - dropping it! X

You are so helpful!! Ah why do you regret it? x
Oooh! This is so exciting, do you know which college you're going to apply to yet? And yes I've read a bit, i'm currently reading Camu's La Peste, but to be honest I am so busy! I'm applying for italian ab initio so trying to teach myself a bit. Dreading starting my personal statement...no idea where to begin. Good luck!

I know right! Not sure yet, I liked Magdalene and Christs though, they were really lovely :smile: ooh sounds good! I have a fair amount of reading to do, I've been reading a more modern book but really want to read some Emile Zola! Ooh wow! I would love to do ab initio Italian too but I wouldn't be able to bear not studying French and german!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438
How is everyone preparing for A2 French?
Original post by Paralove
So.... How did you do? I got 88 in the written and 40 in the oral so I'm FOUR FECKIN UMS OFF AN A FFS :frown: getting a remark though, need an A for the unis I'm looking at :/ typical, one subject I need an A most in!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got 98/140 in the written paper and 55/60 in the oral so 153/200 total but then got the paper remarked and it took my score up to 158/200 ie. 2 marks of an A
I'm bloody pissed off to be honest because i just needed 1 FECKIN raw mark to go up to an A and one of my universities requires an A in French so now i have to re take. Bugger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending