The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Starting in September

Hello everybody.

I am starting UWS, Paisley this September.

Since, I don't know anybody in UWS, I was thinking we can get to know each other here.

What are you guys studying?

Where are you from?
Are you staying on campus?

I'll start first:
I'm Emily from Cyprus, going to study Occupational Health & Safety.
I'm staying on Campus, at Storie Street.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm Heather :smile:

I'll be studying computer animation and I'll be staying in the storie street flats so I might see you.

I'm from Paisley (currently living in Glasgow) so I definitely haven't travelled as far as you will be.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice to meet you, maybe we will see each other. :smile:
Hi! My name is Patricia and I am going to start as well at UWS this coming September.
I am going to study chemical engineering and I am staying at Storie Street Residence. I am from Mallorca (Spain) and I do not know anyone from UWS. Last month I travelled to Scotland to visit UWS and also the Residence and I would like to know people before arriving to UWS.
Reply 4
Original post by PatziiSanchez
Hi! My name is Patricia and I am going to start as well at UWS this coming September.
I am going to study chemical engineering and I am staying at Storie Street Residence. I am from Mallorca (Spain) and I do not know anyone from UWS. Last month I travelled to Scotland to visit UWS and also the Residence and I would like to know people before arriving to UWS.

Hello, nice to meet you. I am staying at Storie Street Residence too, but unfortunately I was not able to visit the campus.
What were your impressions of the rooms and the campus? :smile:
The Residence is quite nice and the rooms are homely. I really like it because you have your own space and the kitchen is big enough. You can check at the website of UWS everything about the campus and there are several photos that can give you an impression of how it is.

By the way I might be at Storie Street Residence on the 13th of September, which day are you going?
Reply 6
The Residence is quite nice and the rooms are homely. I really like it because you have your own space and the kitchen is big enough. You can check at the website of UWS everything about the campus and there are several photos that can give you an impression of how it is.

By the way I might be at Storie Street Residence on the 13th of September, which day are you going?

I am going on the 13th too! :smile:
Cool then we will probably see each other. I have to check at which room I am staying and I will let you know
Reply 8
Cool then we will probably see each other. I have to check at which room I am staying and I will let you know

I will be staying at 31M6
Reply 9
Hey, I'm Dorothy! Nice to meet everyone! (:

I'll be studying Filmmaking & Screenwriting in Ayr, and I'll be staying on campus too! I'm from Hungary, and never been to the UK before, so I'm super excited about everything.

Anyone else who's coming to Ayr as well?
Reply 10
Original post by Heatherc96
Hey! I'm Heather :smile:

I'll be studying computer animation and I'll be staying in the storie street flats so I might see you.

I'm from Paisley (currently living in Glasgow) so I definitely haven't travelled as far as you will be.

Hey there! I'm actually going to Caledonian Uni to do Computer Art & Animation but that course was my second choice! (Had a nosey around here because I can't find anyone else doing my Cali course)

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying Broadcast Production at the Ayr Campus :smile:
Reply 12
Hello everybody. My name is Jack, I'm studying Computer Games Development at the Paisley UWS. Unfortunately I won't be staying on campus as Paisley is very local and means I can stay at home. Are we all going to freshers week, yeah? :smile:
Hey, I'm Oran and I'm studying Mechanical Engineering at Paisley campus. Staying at Storie Street and wondering if many are going up on the 1st?
Or is there like an actual moving in date? Any help is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hi

I'm Michelle, I'm due to start UWS on the 16th of Sep I will be studying Social work and currently living in Glasgow.
Reply 16
Original post by deardorothy
Hey, I'm Dorothy! Nice to meet everyone! (:

I'll be studying Filmmaking & Screenwriting in Ayr, and I'll be staying on campus too! I'm from Hungary, and never been to the UK before, so I'm super excited about everything.

Anyone else who's coming to Ayr as well?

Hi Dorothy, I'm Alex - and I'm studying Contemporary Screen Acting at Ayr :smile: Are you moving into halls?
Original post by AlHoran
Hi Dorothy, I'm Alex - and I'm studying Contemporary Screen Acting at Ayr :smile: Are you moving into halls?

Hey, nice too meet you! :smile: Yeah, I'll be staying in halls, specifically in 3F, how about you? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by deardorothy
Hey, nice too meet you! :smile: Yeah, I'll be staying in halls, specifically in 3F, how about you? :smile:

I'm in 3R - maybe we're close! :smile: Any idea when you're moving in? :smile:
Original post by AlHoran
I'm in 3R - maybe we're close! :smile: Any idea when you're moving in? :smile:

I think we might be in the same block! :smile: I'm flying out on the 10th, probably gonna arrive in the afternoon! You? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest