The Student Room Group

Changing from September to January

I have had to delay my start date for the 4th year of my MSCI Nursing degree due to an outstanding module and wishing to rejoin in January, but I am getting conflicting advise. Would I still get SFE Funding to start in January or do I have to wait until September 2024? Thanks
Original post by Jkllyld
I have had to delay my start date for the 4th year of my MSCI Nursing degree due to an outstanding module and wishing to rejoin in January, but I am getting conflicting advise. Would I still get SFE Funding to start in January or do I have to wait until September 2024? Thanks

Hi there,

Was your course originally a September start? Thanks, Jason
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Was your course originally a September start? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, yes it was.
Original post by Jkllyld
Hi Jason, yes it was.

Thanks and is it just this one repeat year you're wanting to do in January 2024 or is this the final year of the course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks and is it just this one repeat year you're wanting to do in January 2024 or is this the final year of the course? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

No, I have one assessment from 3rd year that meant that I couldn't progress, but I am now an "assessment only student" and plan on submitting that in October. And join for 4th year of the integrated masters in January
Original post by Jkllyld
Hi Jason,

No, I have one assessment from 3rd year that meant that I couldn't progress, but I am now an "assessment only student" and plan on submitting that in October. And join for 4th year of the integrated masters in January

Hi Jkllyd,

You would just apply for the 23/24 year as a returning student for the January intake for 23/24. Your payments will schedule from September 2023 as this would not change as you are continuing on the same course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jkllyd,

You would just apply for the 23/24 year as a returning student for the January intake for 23/24. Your payments will schedule from September 2023 as this would not change as you are continuing on the same course.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, I have already been approved for finance as I didn't know I would be unable to start in September until 2 weeks ago.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Jkllyld
Hi Clare, I have already been approved for finance as I didn't know I would be unable to start in September until 2 weeks ago.

Hi there,

In that case, we will require a Change of Circumstances from your university to confirm the course details. Please ask them to send this electronically on our shared system.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

In that case, we will require a Change of Circumstances from your university to confirm the course details. Please ask them to send this electronically on our shared system.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, got an email from uni saying that due to SLC guidelines section 5.7 saying starting in January is impossible.

Could you please clarify this?
Original post by Jkllyld
Hi Clare, got an email from uni saying that due to SLC guidelines section 5.7 saying starting in January is impossible.

Could you please clarify this?

Hi Jkllyld,

As I previously advised, your payments will schedule from September 2023 as this would not change as you are continuing on the same course. You can change to the January intake, however the application will still follow the initial September start date however, it is best that the university confirm this on our shared system so that we know you are attending that course as a January intake.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending