The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Starting in september!

In September I will be starting my degree in History. I am from Manchester and never been to Hull before so I will not know anyone. I would like to get to know anyone who will be starting in September so I am not completely on my own!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm also going to be studying at Hull in September, for archaeology and history. I hope to see you there!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I'm also doing history and starting in September:smile:
Reply 3
I'm doing history with the foundation year come September - got accepted yesterday wahoo!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :smile:
I'll be starting in September to study psychology!
Reply 5
Hey, i'll be starting to in September. (Law with Criminology) :smile:
If anyone wants to chat get to know me abit more my facebook is Alistair Heffron and my twitter is the same I can not wait!
Reply 7
Hey! Starting September to do British Politics :biggrin: hope to see you there
I am now in the second year doing History, any questions? I am willing to help settle nerves :wink:
Reply 9
My question is, is Hull really as scary as everyone says?
I'm starting hull uni in September to study criminology. I also live in a village not far from hull so I go there all the time so if anyone has any questions or wants anybody to show them around a bit when they get here feel free to ask:smile: my Facebook is Tiffany Eadie so feel free to add me too!
[QUOTE="tamsy99;44235796"]My question is, is Hull really as scary as everyone says?[/QUOTE

what do you mean?
Reply 13
[QUOTE="amberjenkins;44318087"]
Original post by tamsy99
My question is, is Hull really as scary as everyone says?[/QUOTE

what do you mean?

Everyone says Hull is a scary place full of thugs and I'm not sure whether or not they're exaggerating since I've never been. So basically, do you find it safe?
[QUOTE="tamsy99;44342480"]
Original post by amberjenkins

Everyone says Hull is a scary place full of thugs and I'm not sure whether or not they're exaggerating since I've never been. So basically, do you find it safe?

I have never had a problem, I didn't live in halls and we had no problems, it felt safe to walk around at night near the uni, but as with any city there are good and bad places. It's not much different to anywhere else I've been. I live near Liverpool at home and would feel as safe walking round there as I feel in Hull.
My advice is to stick to places you know and look after the key ring 10% off taxis you got in your welcome pack as you will use it a lot to get to a from clubs.
Reply 15
Original post by amberjenkins
Original post by tamsy99

I have never had a problem, I didn't live in halls and we had no problems, it felt safe to walk around at night near the uni, but as with any city there are good and bad places. It's not much different to anywhere else I've been. I live near Liverpool at home and would feel as safe walking round there as I feel in Hull.
My advice is to stick to places you know and look after the key ring 10% off taxis you got in your welcome pack as you will use it a lot to get to a from clubs.[/QUO

Thanks, that's put my mind at ease :smile:
I'm starting at Hull too in just a few weeks, from Manchester :smile: doing Business, search my name on Facebook or twitter user, LouisAnthony7 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting in September and studying psychology.:smile:
Hull is fine, I am also a 2nd year studying History and I have also lived in the city for 5 years now.

I have had no trouble what so ever and I live in a rough part as well. As a student you will never end up in the bad parts of the city and to be honest the bad parts of Hull are no where near as bad as the bad parts of a really big city like London or Manchester, for example Hull doesn't really have any gun crime or trouble with gangs like other cities do.
I'm starting in September too!! Doing adult nursing but not living in halls so don't know anyone eeeeep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest