The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Starting in September

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey everyone im william :smile: im studying Computer Games Development (further edu yr2) this year at UWS Ayr just wondering if anyone else is doing the same course (would be nice to know someone there).
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 21
Original post by deardorothy
I think we might be in the same block! :smile: I'm flying out on the 10th, probably gonna arrive in the afternoon! You? :smile:

I'm coming on the 9th I think, we'll need to meet up and keep each other right :smile:
Reply 22
Hey! Is anyone else booking a place on the "pre-induction" days starting on the 11th at 10am at Ayr? I'd like to meet some people before I start classes haha!
Reply 23
I'm studying BA Social Sciences at Paisley campus. I'm local-ish, so I couldn't really justify staying on campus. Hopefully going to form a social life at University, not exactly the most outgoing sort, but I'm really looking forward to meeting new people.
Original post by AlHoran
I'm coming on the 9th I think, we'll need to meet up and keep each other right :smile:

Definitely! :smile:

Original post by AlHoran
Hey! Is anyone else booking a place on the "pre-induction" days starting on the 11th at 10am at Ayr? I'd like to meet some people before I start classes haha!

I haven't heard of that one! Did you find it on the website? I only know there's gonna be a town tour for those who are new to Halls, on the 13th at 11am, I'm going there for sure! :smile:
Reply 25
Definitely! :smile:

I haven't heard of that one! Did you find it on the website? I only know there's gonna be a town tour for those who are new to Halls, on the 13th at 11am, I'm going there for sure! :smile:

No I actually got an email about it from a woman called Claire Mackie! She said it's just a guide around the uni, a quick intrduction to the equipment and studios etc...
Reply 26
Hey, I'm Dorothy! Nice to meet everyone! (:

I'll be studying Filmmaking & Screenwriting in Ayr, and I'll be staying on campus too! I'm from Hungary, and never been to the UK before, so I'm super excited about everything.

Anyone else who's coming to Ayr as well?

Hi :smile: Im Yasmin and I will also be staying in the Ayr halls in 1N.
Im studying Primary Education.
Hopefully see you around halls on the introduction week :smile:
Original post by YasminDaP
Hi :smile: Im Yasmin and I will also be staying in the Ayr halls in 1N.
Im studying Primary Education.
Hopefully see you around halls on the introduction week :smile:

Hii, sure! :smile: I'll be staying in 3F! When are you moving in?
Reply 28
Hii, sure! :smile: I'll be staying in 3F! When are you moving in?

I'm going to get my keys on Saturday, but I'm not moving in until Sunday the 15th.
Are you excited for coming to Scotland?
Reply 29
hey im milly :smile:
I'm moving into storie street, im in block 1, 4th floor, flat N! Moving in on the 14th September before freshers on the 16th, cause I want to get my bearings and have a look around and stuff haha :') im moving from Staffordshire in England so I'm pooing myself if I'm honest i have no idea what ive let myself in for! Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to get my keys on Saturday, but I'm not moving in until Sunday the 15th.
Are you excited for coming to Scotland?

I'm moving next Tuesday! Super excited! I know absolutely no one, so that's gonna be challenging, but other than that I can't wait for this year! :smile:)
Reply 31
I'm moving next Tuesday! Super excited! I know absolutely no one, so that's gonna be challenging, but other than that I can't wait for this year! :smile:)

Good :smile: Im sure you'll meet lots of new friends. I know Ayr quite well as I only live just over an hour away, so if you want any help just ask :smile:
Reply 32
I'm moving in tomorow at Ayr and I'm terrified! :frown: haha
Good :smile: Im sure you'll meet lots of new friends. I know Ayr quite well as I only live just over an hour away, so if you want any help just ask :smile:

Ooh, that'd be so great! :smile:

Original post by AlHoran
I'm moving in tomorow at Ayr and I'm terrified! :frown: haha

I'm moving in tomorrow as well! :smile:

Are you guys in the Halls of Residence fb group yet?

Quick Reply

Latest