The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khallil
Can you guys recommend a good site with which I can keep track of all the anime I've watched thus far?
Either Anime-Planet(A-P) or MyAnimeList(MAL). I personally use MAL but afaik the majority of the Soc uses, or used, A-P.
Reply 5481
Original post by vin
Most Likely. :beard:

Oh :-( Any idea for how long?
Reply 5482
Original post by Yuuki
Oh :-( Any idea for how long?

Not sure tbh. The manga is apparently monthly release I think, so the wait might be a while for it to get ahead.:dontknow: Ive only read the first volume so Im not sure how far ahead it is but hopefully someone else can answer more accurately.:poke:

EDIT: Some guy on some other random forum said that the manga is roughly 15 or so eps ahead.:hmmmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Looks like I'm adding Yowamushi Pedal and Ace no Diamond to my plan to watch.
I'm going to have way too much anime to watch next season.
Anyone seen Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children? I love wolves (duh) and enjoyed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time immensely. The guy is quite clearly Ghibli-influenced but in an intelligent and complimentary way. Actually it felt rather like The Cat Returns but with his own story. Time-travel isn't new, but it still felt fresh with deep emotional impact.
Reply 5485
Original post by vin
Not sure tbh. The manga is apparently monthly release I think, so the wait might be a while for it to get ahead.:dontknow: Ive only read the first volume so Im not sure how far ahead it is but hopefully someone else can answer more accurately.:poke:

EDIT: Some guy on some other random forum said that the manga is roughly 15 or so eps ahead.:hmmmm:

Thanks Vin :-) It's probably going to be a long wait then considering the manga is a monthly release. Oh well, it's worth the wait :-D
Reply 5486
Hey, I was wondering when Legend of Korra was making a come back? The anime not the manga. I heard that it might be today, but I couldn't find anything...:hmmm:
Reply 5487
Original post by Yuuki
Thanks Vin :-) It's probably going to be a long wait then considering the manga is a monthly release. Oh well, it's worth the wait :-D

Given how massively popular it is, hopefully they'll minimise the wait.

Or maybe they might animate the high school spin off manga in the mean time.:awesome:
Original post by Red one
Hey, I was wondering when Legend of Korra was making a come back? The anime not the manga. I heard that it might be today, but I couldn't find anything...:hmmm:

Legend of Korra isn't anime... but after Googling it, looks like it airs at 7 PM tonight in America (ET/PT), which is 3 AM tomorrow here in the UK. :smile:
Reply 5489
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Legend of Korra isn't anime... but after Googling it, looks like it airs at 7 PM tonight in America (ET/PT), which is 3 AM tomorrow here in the UK. :smile:

Cool!:gah:

If it's not Anime, what is it? :confused:
Reply 5490
Original post by Rothwell
A western cartoon (ignoring that anime are cartoons too)​.

So angry was being anal for no reason. :rolleyes:
Original post by Red one
So angry was being anal for no reason. :rolleyes:
Well, he is right that it isn't an anime, which are Japanese animated productions :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yuuki
Is SNK taking a break after episode 25?

The manga isn't far ahead. Only got food this last chapter, last 2 before was just talking which even longed out would take 10-15 minutes max.

I say this to all my mates, SNK must be made into a weekly if it's to become a huge success :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by F_shakeey
The manga isn't far ahead. Only got food this last chapter, last 2 before was just talking which even longed out would take 10-15 minutes max.

I say this to all my mates, SNK must be made into a weekly if it's to become a huge success :colonhash:

I'd say it's already a pretty huge success, in Japan and worldwide. :p:

As for changing the manga from a monthly to a weekly series, surely the quality of the art would take a hit, and each chapter would likely be shorter as well? I'm not reading the Attack on Titan manga myself, but other monthly series I have read (Letter Bee, Gunslinger Girl and Spice and Wolf to give some examples) featured noticeably better art and longer chapters than any weekly series I've followed. I'd rather it continued to focus on quality over quantity, and quality takes time. :sadnod:
(edited 10 years ago)
Anybody watched the latest Danganronpa - The Animation? Loved it!
Just watched Baccano!

It's a masterpiece. 10/10 Simplez.
Currently working on the Autumn season preview thread... I underestimated how hard it would be with MAL still playing up, but there are plenty of other sources to work with. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'd say it's already a pretty huge success, in Japan and worldwide. :p:

As for changing the manga from a monthly to a weekly series, surely the quality of the art would take a hit, and each chapter would likely be shorter as well? I'm not reading the Attack on Titan manga myself, but other monthly series I have read (Letter Bee, Gunslinger Girl and Spice and Wolf to give some examples) featured noticeably better art and longer chapters than any weekly series I've followed. I'd rather it continued to focus on quality over quantity, and quality takes time. :sadnod:

But that's only with the current anime ongoing. It could rival the three pillars of jump if it became a weekly.

Personally I've never found the drawing to be that....great. It's good don't get me wrong but the drawing style is a lot rougher and less defined than the likes on one piece or Kuroko no Basket. Similarly like I mentioned before a whole 2 months spent on dialogue means less than one episode in an anime. He currently does between 40-46 pages in a month so even if his weekly was 16 pages ( I don't know how Takeshi Konomi gets away with 10 pages a week! ) that'd give 64 pages a month. I understand it's not easy delivering that many pages every week but how many seasons of anime would we have? Year after year of waiting so probably a decade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5498
Original post by F_shakeey

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather take the break with the anime rather than have the whole series suffer in quality tbh.

In other news I finished blue exorcist and it was quite good, reminds me of FMA a bit. Looks like I am on an anime roll again, watched 3 series this summer. :smile:

Latest