The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Thank yoou mums gone to tesco for me to get me some lucozade, tissues and lemsip haha
Reply 5181
Original post by Red Fox
Chemistry is boring me, thinking of swapping it for Economics but worried about essays, I wish I could just do all Maths:frown:

Economics AS has some multi choice qs in the exam and your teachers prepare you on how to format your essay in order to gain top marks:smile:
The subject is really interesting so far, and the content doesn't look too hard:yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5182
Original post by ryanb97
had a biology test today...was soooo bad!!

we are going so fast .... we are about 3.5 out of 6 topics in... that more than half the 1st module...
almost the same for chemistry...but physics is alright

grrr

Omg we've just recaped gcse knowledge for bio:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iJess
Second week in to sixth form and I've come down with flu :frown:

Aw me too, I've had the flu since saturday been off monday & tuesday hopefully going back
on Wednesday. We can be flu buddies ! :biggrin:

I hate catch up work though, just makes me want to get back in bed.
Got a target grade of A* in Physics, that's just ridiculous I'll never get that
Original post by Red Fox
Chemistry is boring me, thinking of swapping it for Economics but worried about essays, I wish I could just do all Maths:frown:

Got a target grade of A* in Physics, that's just ridiculous I'll never get that

So far in Economics we've done definitions and about 4 lessons on production possibility frontiers (ridiculously easy graphs), there's also focus on current economic news which imo is interesting. There is multiple choice in the first exam and I think the most writing will be done on questions where you evaluate say a business plan, I hate writing as well and all my other options involve numbers :tongue:

My school is stingy with target grades, i'll probably get a C xD Or would that show overachieving?
Original post by emcat
I'm still trying to decide. I know I want to do something with literature and history. I was thinking of something like how accurate are the representations of time periods in literature but if I had to choose a time period in history that I'm most interested in, it's the 1920s but we're studying The Great Gatsby in literature and we've been told to do something different than what we're studying in lessons. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do now.

Ooh, that sounds interesting! Yes, it's generally advised to do something that you're not studying. I may try revert back to GCSE topics but in much greater depth.
Reply 5187
all my induction tests will be finished this friday, then i can just relaxxxxxxxxxx
Original post by Lucas.
Damnnn I would not like to be doing that.. That'd be horrible haha. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm really loving Maths at the moment! Content-wise it's definitely my favourite so far, but class-wise, my German group is so so so so sick. :biggrin: We got given a letter on Monday about a trip to Germany. Me and the three other guys in there are going to have a whale of a time!

Maths is great! Though it does get much harder, beware. Haha, how did it go with the girls in your class :wink:? Any eye candy? Ooh, whereabouts in Germany are you doing? I think we go to Berlin in February :smile: I'm sure you will do!
Original post by Lucas.
Damnnn I would not like to be doing that.. That'd be horrible haha. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm really loving Maths at the moment! Content-wise it's definitely my favourite so far, but class-wise, my German group is so so so so sick. :biggrin: We got given a letter on Monday about a trip to Germany. Me and the three other guys in there are going to have a whale of a time!

What topic are you doing in maths?
Reply 5190
Anyone downloading IOS 7? I have 11 minutes left!
Reply 5191
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Maths is great! Though it does get much harder, beware. Haha, how did it go with the girls in your class :wink:? Any eye candy? Ooh, whereabouts in Germany are you doing? I think we go to Berlin in February :smile: I'm sure you will do!

Yeah, I've looked over the course... It looks pretty damn hard. But I'm sure it's not as hard once you get taught it.. It just seems daunting because you know nothing about it. :tongue: I sit next to this girl in Decision... 9/10 will be getting her number. :wink: Nahhh they're all really nice! I have only spoken to three of them though... But I'm sure the other 10 are nice too.. :tongue: One of the boys in my group dropped it so now, including me, there's only 4 boys... :tongue:

Ooooooh that'll be good! I think I'm going to Friesenried in July! :smile:

Original post by lolface32
What topic are you doing in maths?

In Decision I'm doing graph theory... :/

And in Core I just finished binomial expansion, and (as far as I know) I'm starting completing the square tomorrow. :smile:

You?
Reply 5192
Original post by Mr.Nor

8 minutes...
Reply 5193
Original post by Lucas.
8 minutes...

It kept crashing and now it's gone to 1 hour sigh
Original post by Mr.Nor

Android > iOS :tongue:
Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, I've looked over the course... It looks pretty damn hard. But I'm sure it's not as hard once you get taught it.. It just seems daunting because you know nothing about it. :tongue: I sit next to this girl in Decision... 9/10 will be getting her number. :wink: Nahhh they're all really nice! I have only spoken to three of them though... But I'm sure the other 10 are nice too.. :tongue: One of the boys in my group dropped it so now, including me, there's only 4 boys... :tongue:

In Decision I'm doing graph theory... :/

And in Core I just finished binomial expansion, and (as far as I know) I'm starting completing the square tomorrow. :smile:

You?

My decision teacher works fast, we've already done 2/9 chapters in 4 hours teaching. Probably because it's a Further Maths class with 6 people in it which allows him to go through it quickly:tongue:
Reply 5196
My phone updates take like 10 minutes on android :wink:
Original post by Lucas.

Yes, actually being taught it does help! All the big words are rather scary though. Haha, good luck with her then, you'll have to keep us updated :wink: Well they're plenty of opportunity during the rest of the year to get to know them all :wink: A guy dropped out of our class and one out of the other so they're one guy and five girls in mine, and two guys and six girls in the other :redface: I wonder why languages are so female dominated? Oooh, where's that :smile:?
Reply 5198
I'm really struggling with maths at the moment and we haven't even started the proper course :s-smilie: I just feel like I don't understand any of the stuff we're doing and we're just recapping GCSE topics at the moment. I feel so stressed about it and it's making me feel like I want to drop maths but there are no other A Levels I want to do so if I dropped maths I'd just be doing 3 which I don't want to do because it leaves no room for error.
Waiting a week (or at least a day) :tongue: before updating to iOS 7, so it'll be a lot quicker and hopefully it'll be iOS 7.1 and so it'll have any bug fixes

Latest