The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5700
I said I was going to go in to college today to do work...

I woke up at 10 so I stayed at home. :biggrin:

Should probably crack on with my Core Maths h/w... -.-
Reply 5701
Original post by Lucas.
I said I was going to go in to college today to do work...

I woke up at 10 so I stayed at home. :biggrin:

Should probably crack on with my Core Maths h/w... -.-

What board are you and what part you doing? :smile:
Reply 5702
I have the day off today cos we only have 30 teachers that aren't striking for a full school plus a sixth form
Reply 5703
Original post by techno836
What board are you and what part you doing? :smile:

MEI master race reporting in. :wink:

Finding the distance between two points? It's something like that. I wasn't in the lesson because I was ill, but I've just had a cheeky look on ExamSolutions and it's not that hard at all. :smile:

What about you?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I love all the grammar...

I'm starting a French book called "The Foreigner" as a literal translation, hope it's good!

Would you want to learn learn a language?

Camus! We do this at A2.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aasvogel

Camus! We do this at A2.

Whaaaaat?

The English equivalent is "The Outsider" if you guys were wondering. It's "L'étranger"
Reply 5706
Hiiiii Guyssss! :biggrin: New here... :P but, yeah just started sixth form... and I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Psychology...
So yeah, hiii everyone i guess! :biggrin:
So much work
Reply 5708
One of my few, precious frees just got filled up with EPQ starting in January :frown:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Quite often, i will spend half of my lunch break everyday on tsr in the college library where we have the computers.

Haha yh, college is now my life aswell! Compared to my previous sixth form, i feel so at home here.

Yh im loving it too. It is so typical to have a teacher who you hate, but i like all my teachers.

Why don't you give it your best shot and see how it goes?
And no, i really don't play any sports lol. It seems i am probably the only boy in this college who doesn't.
But i like cricket, tennis and badminton. I just need to do loads of practice for them, i'll try to do so when i go uni.

Ah lucky, for some reason TSR is blocked on my school system. It's also classified as 'adult' :/ seems too weird to me!

I get ya! Apart from the longer journey im loving it, the whole environment. but you're right it's so typical! Luckily I'm getting used to it.

Yeah I need to do that. It's already October now though! I wish it was compulsory then I wouldn't have this issue!
Haha, loads of guys don't at my college, which is different to what I'm used to.
Yeah that would be good, esp if you enjoy playing them :smile:
I really feel like I'm not doing as much as I should be for A Levels :tongue: Everyone's talking about all the hard work they're doing, and I'm sitting here procrastinating :emo:
Original post by Cluck
One of my few, precious frees just got filled up with EPQ starting in January :frown:

I can't wait to start my EPQ! :biggrin: How many frees do you have? Apparently my 5 a week below average.
Reply 5712
Original post by Glitch96
I can't wait to start my EPQ! :biggrin: How many frees do you have? Apparently my 5 a week below average.

I started with 5, now 4 because of EPQ, or 1 if you don't include 'independent study periods' for which I have to be in college working :s-smilie: That's below average for my college because Further Maths takes up 2.
Reply 5713
We technically have no 'frees', we need to spend them all in the study rooms. However doesn't mean we can't just do what we want in there anyway.

We only get 9 every 2 weeks though!
Original post by Cluck
I started with 5, now 4 because of EPQ, or 1 if you don't include 'independent study periods' for which I have to be in college working :s-smilie: That's below average for my college because Further Maths takes up 2.

My school similarly makes it compulsory for us to study during 2/3 of our study periods :tongue: I (and most people I think) really actually like it.
Original post by Cluck

I haven't heard anything about the EPQ from my school yet :holmes: Does it have to start in January?
Original post by Georgiecat
No, I mean I was borderline into an A* (in the sense that I was 1 or 2 UMS away from an A)! But yeah, I know exactly what you mean! Plus, as I said, I got to a grammar school where - no joke - an A* is considered quite good (though if it was a low UMS you might want to think about a retake or a remark), an A is considered decent (but a retake is by no means out of the equation), a B isn't great (and a retake/remark is likely), and anything below is total failure. It's slightly ridiculous!

Ohhhh, I see :biggrin: those just make me feel relieved - unless, of course, I then have another exam that I now have to do even better in to maintain a decent UMS!! Woah... :eek: that's pretty harsh - sounds exactly like my parents though :s-smilie:
Original post by Tibbz2
We technically have no 'frees', we need to spend them all in the study rooms. However doesn't mean we can't just do what we want in there anyway.

We only get 9 every 2 weeks though!

I get 6 every 2 weeks. Feel my pain... :frown:
Original post by LeFailFish
I get 6 every 2 weeks. Feel my pain... :frown:

I know that feel
Reply 5719
Original post by MangoFreak
I haven't heard anything about the EPQ from my school yet :holmes: Does it have to start in January?

I don't think so, that's just the time my college has allocated to it. We hand it in in the October of Year 13 but I don't think that's set by the exam board, it seems like it would be in the summer if it were.

I like the compulsary study periods too since that's all I do in them, except they take up my only late morning and early afternoon, which is not quite so ideal :colondollar:

Latest