The Student Room Group

Guy Gamers!

Note: I bump this every time I see a 'look at me I'm a girl gamer' thread.

OMGZ lol we have penises but play games let's talk. Wanna go on cam?

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm scared..
Reply 2
Original post by Lord Frieza
I'm scared..

I'm a guy gamer, GIVE ME MORE ATTENTION. Send me pictures of your junk unannounced, that really gets me going, because I'm a guy gamer.
I'm a massive computer geek, and people keep telling me to get a life.
Then I thought to myself, I don't need to get a life, I'm a gamer so I have lots of lives.
Reply 4
Original post by ozzyoscy
OMGZ lol we have penises but play games let's talk. Wanna go on cam?

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Battlefield.

Sure if your a noob! All the pro gamers are playing LoL and you dont cam its skype calls with all your frien...haha you don't have any!
Reply 5
Original post by Tea is for mugs
people keep telling me to get a life.

That's no way to talk to a war veteran and interstellar hero. You did such a marvelous job arranging those blocks so Russia had more space to put their sheep too.

Original post by Silver060
Sure if your a noob! All the pro gamers are playing LoL and you dont cam its skype calls with all your frien...haha you don't have any!

Actually I have 1,274 friends on Facebook, and they're all female. I don't talk to them much because they might realise I'm on their friends list and delete me, but we're still officially friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Why don't guy gamer threads get 1,000 slobbering posts in 3 days? :frown:

Should I get my tits out?
Reply 7
Original post by Tea is for mugs
I'm a massive computer geek, and people keep telling me to get a life.
Then I thought to myself, I don't need to get a life, I'm a gamer so I have lots of lives.

HAHAHAHHAHA :'D
*disappears due to lack of dick*
Reply 8
I'm going to bump this every time there's a girl gamer thread.
I'm going to bump this every time there's a girl gamer thread.

typical guys...
Reply 10
Original post by Archengsculp
typical guys...

Equality is typical of guys?

Stereotyping males and hating equlity. Now that's two reasons why you are a sexist pig, then.
Reply 11
Why can't we all just be "gamers"?
someone has issues.... ever tried to get e girlfriend that isnt a virtual thing?
Reply 13
Original post by GreatSnowman
someone has issues.... ever tried to get e girlfriend that isnt a virtual thing?

Where did that come from? What are my issues, and how did you come to the conclusion that I have them?

Original post by Rananagirl
Why can't we all just be "gamers"?

Why can't we all just be label-less?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14

Why can't we all just be label-less?

It'd be a little impractical...

It's easier to go "I'm a gamer" than "yeah I'm a person who sometimes plays computer games are you also a person who also plays computer games on a regular enough basis to have an enthusiastic discussion about them?"

Gender shouldn't even come into it though, which is why I'll never call myself a "girl-gamer".
Where did that come from? What are my issues, and how did you come to the conclusion that I have them?

your first and 2nd post, no normal person would act like that....
Original post by GreatSnowman
your first and 2nd post, no normal person would act like that....

ditto this, I never intended it to be sexist..
Reply 17
Equality is typical of guys?

Stereotyping males and hating equlity. Now that's two reasons why you are a sexist pig, then.

First, she was clearly joking and if you have no sense of humor I don't see why you play games. And Second, that's my girlfriend. If she was sexist she wouldn't be going out with me. Also I play games and record them as a hobby. I have a channel. She has no problem with it. She makes jokes about the things me and my friend say for commentary and she was basically doing the same here. She was only joking. Lighten up.
Original post by Rananagirl
It'd be a little impractical...

It's easier to go "I'm a gamer" than "yeah I'm a person who sometimes plays computer games are you also a person who also plays computer games on a regular enough basis to have an enthusiastic discussion about them?"

Gender shouldn't even come into it though, which is why I'll never call myself a "girl-gamer".

It makes sense that it comes up more though, due to the often vast difference in numbers. I went to Gamescom over the summer, and the queue for the ladies was shorter than the one for the mens, which must be some sort of miracle :rolleyes:

It's no different to how at my uni there was a meeting for girls doing maths, because of the still present difference in numbers. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but for some people it can be daunting to go to, say, a LAN event and be one of only a few girls in the room, if not the only one.
Reply 19
Your suffering feeds me!

And yeah, being the only girl in the CS or engineering line really felt awkward. I think if I'd have had a penis hat, I might've been okay*.

Or having someone ask me if a game/console is for my boyfriend when I go to buy it in the store. Even better if I buy a PC part to fix my desktop and 'oh! Is that for YOUR BOYFRIEND/BROTHER/WHATEVER?'. No, it's for me. Thank you.

I think incidents like that are why a lot of girls get irritable at guys going 'LULZ JUST BE A GAMER'. Because girls are more likely to be attacked for their gender. If you suck at a game, well, you're a girl. If you're good at a game, guys are just letting you win. There's no real way to come out of it well. :/

*Because I am a master of stratigery! And camouflage is a fine strategy.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest