The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Not a problem for me :biggrin:
But have you seen the IB calculators? I mean, bricks...

Spoiler

You have specific IB calculators?

They're so long :sexface:
Original post by Cluck
I got set 9 pieces of physics homework this week. :eek: Seems this weekend will be pretty busy!

Hehe...we have a test on physics next week
than a test on the whole of unit 1 for biology the week we come back after half term (on AQA btw)
Bricking the second one --- dont wanna fail :colondollar:

Ryan
Reply 6042
Original post by ryanb97
Hehe...we have a test on physics next week
than a test on the whole of unit 1 for biology the week we come back after half term (on AQA btw)
Bricking the second one --- dont wanna fail :colondollar:

Ryan

I've had 2 physics tests, was supposed to have one last monday but the teacher forgot... I hope it stays that way!

Chemistry and maths tests this monday though :frown: I think our biology lot have one too, but I doubt they're doing all of unit 1 already!
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Off for a week !! Bet you hate being English just now eh ? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm off for 2! :P Aberdeen FTW!
My biology folder is twice as full as my other folders... it's obvious which subject I'm most interested in right now! :colondollar:
Original post by Cluck
I've had 2 physics tests, was supposed to have one last monday but the teacher forgot... I hope it stays that way!

Chemistry and maths tests this monday though :frown: I think our biology lot have one too, but I doubt they're doing all of unit 1 already!

Our class is speeding - its hard to keep up ... i tend to read a head..but i cant ! - the bad thing is that we are covering it properly ... there is soooooooooo much to learn !

What topics have you covered in physics? - what other subjects are you doign ?

Ryan
Reply 6046
Original post by Bude8
Thread has been rather quiet :redface:

Higher Level Maths is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bitch. It's ridiculously fast paced.
In about 5 weeks we've covered, in great depth:
Complex Numbers
Logarithms & Exponents
Relations and Functions
Quadratics, Discriminants and Roots
Radian Measure
Bit of Trig
Triangles
Circles (Arcs & Sectors)

Ours is the same! We have done our first NAB and halfway through our second unit! It's so difficult too :/. A real bitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freypops
Ours is the same! We have done our first NAB and halfway through our second unit! It's so difficult too :/. A real bitch

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're doing IB too? Awesome! What subjects are you taking?

I'm doing
HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics

Really enjoying the course so far :biggrin:
Does anyone here do philosophy and ethics? I was just curious if anyone else feels like you want to tear your hair out but are in love with it at the same time :wink:
Reply 6049
Original post by ryanb97
Our class is speeding - its hard to keep up ... i tend to read a head..but i cant ! - the bad thing is that we are covering it properly ... there is soooooooooo much to learn !

What topics have you covered in physics? - what other subjects are you doign ?

Ryan

We've done material properties and electrical stuff so far in physics, I think we're 3/4 of the way through each of those topics. I've found the materials stuff pretty easy, but the electrical stuff expects much more prior knowledge than I have (grr OCR 21st century science :angry:).

I'm also doing chemistry, history and double maths. How about you?
Original post by allypetal
Does anyone here do philosophy and ethics? I was just curious if anyone else feels like you want to tear your hair out but are in love with it at the same time :wink:

I'm not but I'm interested in what you mean? What do you do in the lessons and why is it frustrating? I thought it would be really interesting!
Reply 6051
Original post by L'Evil Fish
First Post!:biggrin:

:woo: can't believe it... It'll be official after this Thursday!:afraid:

Also:
Only Edexcel offers A.F.Maths.

Sociology
Statistics (AQA)

If you wanna add them :smile:

Sorry, but I need some pretty urgent advice. Would you mind taking a look at this thread & leaving thoughts?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2488481
Reply 6052
Original post by techno836
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

I need some urgent advice, could you please take a look?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2488481
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6053
(Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Finally got round to finding my subjects
Physics: OCR-B
Maths:AQA
Futher Maths: AQA
Chemistry: OCR-A
History: Edexcel

Add me please?
x

Hmm, there's a section for Scottish Highers but no section for IB? I'm offended :frown:

Add me whenever you have time please:
HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics
Reply 6055
Original post by Cluck
Finally got round to finding my subjects
Physics: OCR-B
Maths:AQA
Futher Maths: AQA
Chemistry: OCR-A
History: Edexcel

Add me please?

Original post by Bude8
Hmm, there's a section for Scottish Highers but no section for IB? I'm offended :frown:

Add me whenever you have time please:
HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics

^^ Caught me whilst i was on :wink: i've added you both :h:
^^ Caught me whilst i was on :wink: i've added you both :h:

PRSOM :frown:
I just wanted to ask if anyone else is feeling utterly overwhelmed by the workload - I know I am!!
Reply 6058
Original post by Bude8
PRSOM :frown:

:frown: somebody ruined my +rep streak i was on like 36 straight :mad: :lol:

not as bad as when i lose a good streak on BF4 beta though :rolleyes: it's still a bit glitchy :
anyone do the ALIS tests with their school to work out A2 predictions?

Latest