The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
i have 1 hour on each FP1 is the hardest as there is alot new and more to remember, D1 i find so boring and tiresome i'm about halfway in D1 too :smile:

FP1 is pretty tricky yeah I agree
Did anyone do the Senior Maths Challenge on Thursday?
Reply 6882
Original post by Red Fox
FP1 is pretty tricky yeah I agree

what are you doing in FP1 ? we was doing matrices but my teacher got bored by time we got in inverses and went ahead to some algebra or someing with alpha + beta =-b/c and alpha X Beta = a/c ?
Reply 6883
Original post by MangoFreak

Yes but my school NEVER allows me the full 90 minutes and i only got 45 again this year -.-

i managed to 1 -11 then i skipped 12 did 13 and skipped 14 and guessed 15 in the last 10 seconds i had :lol:
what are you doing in FP1 ? we was doing matrices but my teacher got bored by time we got in inverses and went ahead to some algebra or someing with alpha + beta =-b/c and alpha X Beta = a/c ?

Yeah we've just finished that alpha beta stuff with quadratics. First we did complex numbers, then graphs of rational functions (which is dislike), then matrices and matrix transformation. That's 5/11 chapters on AQA not bad going:smile:
You people are lucky, a-levels are simple compared to university.
Enjoy the simplicity while it lasts, before things become intensely complicated and stressful!
Reply 6886
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah we've just finished that alpha beta stuff with quadratics. First we did complex numbers, then graphs of rational functions (which is dislike), then matrices and matrix transformation. That's 5/11 chapters on AQA not bad going:smile:

matrix transformation is horrible when it's in sine and cosine form, i can do it by x and y easily though :lol:

Have you sat a D1 mock yet ?
matrix transformation is horrible when it's in sine and cosine form, i can do it by x and y easily though :lol:

Have you sat a D1 mock yet ?

You get the reflection and rotation identities in the exam so it's not too bad and nope still have to do linear programming then I will be able to sit one:smile:
Reply 6888
Original post by Red Fox
You get the reflection and rotation identities in the exam so it's not too bad and nope still have to do linear programming then I will be able to sit one:smile:

that does not sound fun -.- i hate the technological side of D1 its the main reason i despise it !! i don't really want to do one as there is alot to remember there aswell :lol:
that does not sound fun -.- i hate the technological side of D1 its the main reason i despise it !! i don't really want to do one as there is alot to remember there aswell :lol:

Did some last year but it's a fairly dry topic. I enjoy D1 though:colondollar:
Reply 6890
Original post by Red Fox
Did some last year but it's a fairly dry topic. I enjoy D1 though:colondollar:

:redface: :redface: :redface: is that even possible :lol: :rofl:
:redface: :redface: :redface: is that even possible :lol: :rofl:

Might do D2 next year:biggrin:
Reply 6892
Original post by Red Fox
Might do D2 next year:biggrin:

:redface: i shun it's existence :P
:redface: i shun it's existence :P

My problem is with statistics
Reply 6894
Original post by Red Fox
My problem is with statistics

I'm not a fan of stats though i can't say I've had a full experience with it :lol:
I'm not a fan of stats though i can't say I've had a full experience with it :lol:

If my interviewer asks me "If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be?" Is human an acceptable answer:biggrin:
Reply 6896

Yep, got my silver that I was aiming for :biggrin: One of the maths teachers marked every single paper (and there were a LOT) overnight.

Haven't done probability since year 9 though, and we don't do any D modules, so didn't get any of those marks :frown:
Reply 6897
Original post by Red Fox
If my interviewer asks me "If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be?" Is human an acceptable answer:biggrin:

i would say so yeah :biggrin: ... although it depends what type of person the interviewer is :lol:
Original post by Cluck
Yep, got my silver that I was aiming for :biggrin: One of the maths teachers marked every single paper (and there were a LOT) overnight.

Haven't done probability since year 9 though, and we don't do any D modules, so didn't get any of those marks :frown:

The UKMT Maths Challenge? They're supposed to be marked externally, by a computer :lolwut:

yep :yep: how do you think you will have done?

Latest