The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aww that was really sweet by Miusel :h: things just got interesting in Outbreak Company :teeth: nice comeback by Shinichi, take that Matoba :hahaha:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm now 13 episodes into Beelzebub... I've somehow gotten into the habit of watching one episode a day, like some sort of anime advent calendar. :p: Hopefully I'll be able to watch a bit more than that over this weekend though, as I've not got many other plans. :beard: Still loving it so far!

Whilst on the subject... halfway to Christmas, and I've not heard any opinions on the secret santa series I gave out. :hmmm: *whips everyone who signed up, so as not to give away their identity* :whip:
Finished watching 1 of my secret santa (about time) and it was Hataraku Maou-sama. It's mainly a comedy and fantasy type anime and to be honest I actually enjoyed it. The show has great characters, a nice plot and it's been executed well. My main problem with the show is that the actual story behind it hasn't progressed as much as I'd like to have hoped and so I have quite a few questions that need to be answered. All in all, I'd say it's definitely worth a watch.
Not sure I can bear to watch the rest of Quazer at the moment :tongue: shall give NHK a spin in a few days when i've got a bit more time then thats my santa dones :biggrin:
As with my varying interest, I haven't watched any anime in the past few weeks. :emo: Sorry if my Secret Santa was wanting to see my opinion on the anime he/she gave me.

I'll try Boku-wa-Tomodachi-ga-Sukunai tomorrow. :smile:
I'm in the mood for some horror, can someone recommend me one? Here's my profile:http://www.anime-planet.com/users/dilzo999/anime
Original post by Dilzo999
I'm in the mood for some horror, can someone recommend me one? Here's my profile:http://www.anime-planet.com/users/dilzo999/anime

Hmm, you've watched most of the obvious ones that sprang to mind... maybe one of the following? They all made my top 50 anime. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Bokurano
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hmm, you've watched most of the obvious ones that sprang to mind... maybe one of the following? They all made my top 50 anime. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Bokurano

Shin Sekai Yori looks like it's really good thanks :biggrin:.
Reply 6129
Original post by Dilzo999
Shin Sekai Yori looks like it's really good thanks :biggrin:.

My local anime club has been watching that, and it's been pretty good so far (if you ask me). It doesn't have that much straight-up shock horror but it does a good line in a creeping sense of wrongness and in nasty, queasy situations.
How can companies justify the extortionate prices of anime Blu Rays?!...

It is nearly £80 for the whole series of SAO... (with NUS discount, £73.11)...
Blue Exorcist is slightly more reasonable at £47.13 (with my NUS discount), which is just under £2 an ep. as expected.

Although, I managed to buy FMAB for less than £50... (64 eps...),much more reasonable pricing...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
How can companies justify the extortionate prices of anime Blu Rays?!...

It is nearly £80 for the whole series of SAO... (with NUS discount, £73.11)...
Blue Exorcist is slightly more reasonable at £47.13 (with my NUS discount), which is just under £2 an ep. as expected.

Although, I managed to buy FMAB for less than £50... (64 eps...),much more reasonable pricing...

Where did you see this?
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Where did you see this?

See what?
FMAB?

I bought half of the series from play.com and the other half from amazon.
Saved myself about £10 that way round. :smile:
When I bought the series, I could buy the second half of the series for £28.25
I bought the first half of the series from play.com at £24.20

Add these together and it comes to £52.45
Taking into account my NUS discount, this reduced the price to JUST below £50 (£49.83).

EDIT:
My grammar was terrible and thus it was compulsory I amend it...
(edited 10 years ago)
I've finally managed to watch Durarara!!

Shizuo is really...cool.

Has the magi series improved somewhat? I watched it last time and certainly didn't think it was 'bad' by any means, but I can't bring myself to start on the second season...
Original post by perrytheplatypus
Has the magi series improved somewhat? I watched it last time and certainly didn't think it was 'bad' by any means, but I can't bring myself to start on the second season...

I wouldn't say it's improved at all (yet), though it hasn't gotten any worse either IMO. It's stayed fairly consistent. :yes: Entertaining each week, but far from the best thing I'm watching.
Just finished Another as I was craving some horror and it looked fairly interesting. It was quite unexpected.

Spoiler

Overall a decent horror, has an effective way a inducing fear which aren't cheap jumpscares at every corner and it keeps suspense high. Worth a watch if you want to see a horror.
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Shin Sekai Yori

Bokurano

Lol I remember when I was one of the few watching shin Sekai yori out of a large group and the others dropped it and then when the ending hit I was like daaamn and told em all to watch it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
Lol I remember when I was one of the few watching shin Sekai yori out of a large group and the others dropped it and then when the ending hit I was like daaamn and told em all to watch it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first half of the series was certainly good enough to pique my curiosity - though it was slow-paced and nothing particularly scary happened, I thought it did a great job of developing the setting, and that unnerving sense that something is horribly wrong behind the scenes of their peaceful 'utopia'. But yeah, it wasn't until nearer the end that I felt the need to recommend it to virtually everyone I saw. :p:
Guys, am strongly considering getting Blue Exorcist on Blu Ray, but, I don't particularly like the cover art on the definitive edition (on amazon link)...

Is there any difference between the two below?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Exorcist-Definitive-Edition-Part-1-Episodes-1-12-Blu-ray-/350940894241?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item51b5b51421

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Exorcist-Definitive-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B00CYMMTF6/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1387480991&sr=1-2&keywords=blue+exorcist
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest