The Student Room Group

How expensive is your phone contract?/ how much has your highest bill been?

Mine is supposed to be £33.60 but in the year I have had it it hasn't been this once lol I know this months will be astronomical lol. I really never want another contract xD. Also my phone is a S3 and I get 2gb internet, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.

Scroll to see replies

I pay £10 a month for my iPhone, but I bought the phone separately
Reply 2
I'm paying £19. The highest bill I had one month was £50.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I think it's £32 for unlimited texts, calls and Internet. Which is fine as I was paying a hell of a lot more on pay as you go.
Reply 4
I bought my phone outright and got a pay&go sim. Due to the nature of the Sim I earn more than I spend, so this sort of decreases my overall price based on a standard 24month contract. Atm it's valued at £13ish compared with 28+ to what I would have paid on a monthly contract. But over time I expect this to decrease even further :smile:
Original post by lou 22
Mine is supposed to be £33.60 but in the year I have had it it hasn't been this once lol I know this months will be astronomical lol. I really never want another contract xD. Also my phone is a S3 and I get 2gb internet, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.

How are you going over on that contract?!
£35. This is my most expensive one.

Truly unlimited Internet, 500 minutes and 5000 texts.
(edited 10 years ago)
26/33
Reply 8
Original post by Precious Illusions
I think it's £32 for unlimited texts, calls and Internet. Which is fine as I was paying a hell of a lot more on pay as you go.

how many minutes of calls do you actually make?

giffgaff is perfect for me.
12 gig, unlimited internet, texts, and 250 mins
£39
1000 minutes
2000 texts (or unlimited not sure)
Unlimited Data which is upgraded to 4g for free in jan
And it's the iPhone 5s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by tehforum
how many minutes of calls do you actually make?

giffgaff is perfect for me.
12 gig, unlimited internet, texts, and 250 mins

I call a lot tbh. I call my Dad/2 brothers/best friend all like once a week, at an hour or so each. It's actually 2000 mins I have and I do use up most of them :dontknow:
Reply 11
Original post by manchesterunited15
How are you going over on that contract?!

My internet I would say but that will soon be solved but I think this months will be probably about £36 over but I will be sure to post it on here but this month I can say is totally my fault but the others I have no clue my new pack renews 1jan so 2days. Then will receive my bill via text and I know my jaw will probably touch the floor.
Original post by lou 22
My internet I would say but that will soon be solved but I think this months will be probably about £36 over but I will be sure to post it on here but this month I can say is totally my fault but the others I have no clue my new pack renews 1jan so 2days. Then will receive my bill via text and I know my jaw will probably touch the floor.

Is your phone all you have to access the internet then? I only have 500mg and don't go over, but I might do if I didn't use my laptop most of the time.
EE - £45, Orange Fr - 39,99€ and MTS is pre-paid. None of the plans are within the allocated amount to spend, my last EE bill was £172 :colonhash:
Giffgaff! £10 a month. Not really a contract but just as good :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by manchesterunited15
Is your phone all you have to access the internet then? I only have 500mg and don't go over, but I might do if I didn't use my laptop most of the time.

Yep it is but I am having proper internet installed on the 16th Jan and the £16.49 for truly unlimited with WiFi is way cheaper than the £6 for 250mb although I doubt I will use my whole 2gb.
Reply 16
Original post by tehFrance
EE - £45, Orange Fr - 39,99€ and MTS is pre-paid. None of the plans are within the allocated amount to spend, my last EE bill was £172 :colonhash:

Oh my good lord :O
When I landed in Turkey recently I recieved a text from Vodafone telling me I'd now spend £155 and they'd text me when I reached £250 :lol: - my bill is supposed to be £38/month...

That bill was just over £300 and this months is £200 (with some of Turkey's bill spilling over too!)
Reply 18
Original post by pmc:producer
When I landed in Turkey recently I recieved a text from Vodafone telling me I'd now spend £155 and they'd text me when I reached £250 :lol: - my bill is supposed to be £38/month...

That bill was just over £300 and this months is £200 (with some of Turkey's bill spilling over too!)

Bleeping hell wow I am with Vodafone and I thought my price was astronomical but geese Louise that is ridiculous xD.
Reply 19
£30 a month for unlimited texts, minutes and data. I am not convinced that I use anywhere near that amount (certainly not the texts or the minutes), but I know if I didn't have unlimited then I'd start monitoring my usage.

Quick Reply

Latest