The Student Room Group

How long do you revise each day on average?

I was thinking of revising like 5 hours a day, as exams are round the corner, but my teachers say it may be to much ? Im doing 3 a levels, and I need an ABB. Take into account im retaking my AS same time !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i go 10 hours straight

that's how i was brought up otherwise i'd get whipped with a wire
Reply 2
We'll my sixth form recommends us to do at least 6 hours of each subject per week, will you be able to concentrate 5 hours continuously?
Reply 3
It really isn't too much. To do too much is pretty difficult and would require you working until you physical burnout.
During my A Levels I probably did about 3 or 4 hours a day but that is purely because I had difficulty making myself do more. So, provided you revision technique is good 5 hours a day should be adequate. Good luck for when they do come around :smile:

Obviously I am assuming this is after you have finished your lessons which won't be for a few months
Reply 4
I do none :smile:
Starting at the end of March the earliest.
Reply 5
Original post by Lone tiger
i go 10 hours straight

that's how i was brought up otherwise i'd get whipped with a wire

Im guessing you didnt go to 6th form/college as its impossible to fit that in an average students timetable
Reply 6
Original post by joe1597
I do none :smile:
Starting at the end of March the earliest.

yeah I think its late starting at the end of january, if you dont mind me asking what subjects are you doing ? as people doing harder ones should probs start earlier
Reply 7
Original post by kempykemp
It really isn't too much. To do too much is pretty difficult and would require you working until you physical burnout.
During my A Levels I probably did about 3 or 4 hours a day but that is purely because I had difficulty making myself do more. So, provided you revision technique is good 5 hours a day should be adequate. Good luck for when they do come around :smile:

Obviously I am assuming this is after you have finished your lessons which won't be for a few months

thank for the good luck! and what do you mean after ive finished my lessons in a few months? I'm trying to revise after my lessons everyday asap ? a few months will be too late
Reply 8
Original post by Einstein16
Im guessing you didnt go to 6th form/college as its impossible to fit that in an average students timetable

i was home schooled
Reply 9
Original post by Einstein16
thank for the good luck! and what do you mean after ive finished my lessons in a few months? I'm trying to revise after my lessons everyday asap ? a few months will be too late

You really don't need to start revising now. Just do any homework that is set and that should really be enough to keep you going. And if you done understand something then spend your time making sure you understand it. Then when it comes round to easter you can start refreshing everything and beginning with real exam preparation
0.00000001h :I

I have mocks in a week as well. It's looking good.
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm at Uni and I do next to nothing.

yep, well assuming your academic info is correct,you certainly to revise when the time is right !
Reply 12
I literally revise max 2hrs a week, and I'm pretty much near or at the top in 3 of my 4 subjects. I will start doing 1hr day come beginning of Feb!
Do you do lots of past papers
If we're taking daily averages, 5 minutes.
Reply 15
Revision? What the hell is that? :O
For the past one and a half months I have done probably half an hour a day on average (predicted 4 A*s at A2 btw). Usually I do around 2-3 hours on a consistent basis but I had been ill for almost a month and then just find it difficult to get back on track now although for the first time I have done more than two hours since my illness.
Reply 17
I'm retaking AS too! But I haven't started revising AS yet because of mocks for A2
I don't revise unless I have an exam close by :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't do any, the only reason I drop marks is because the mark schemes want specifics... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest