The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
I'm not doing it in hours anymore.
Setting myself a essay/summary/section of notes to do per day.
Hopefully a topic a week with the weekends for tests and stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 721
The half term started off so well with revision and now I am just browsing the interwebs pointlessly.
I did about 3 hours today, but I usually just set myself goals of things to do instead of time I should spend on a subject. Didn't end up reaching my goal today though :tongue:
I am that easily distracted I really have no idea. I do actually do a lot of work though.

Also, as for pre-exam revision: personally I think if your notes aren't in your head you've left it far too late. I had to do a resit year so I speak from experience. Last minute cramming never helped me in the slightest bit.

This time round I just do 3-4 past papers before going into the exam so I'm already in full flow.
(edited 10 years ago)
Not doing anything until Easter - but then about 5.5 hours a day I'm guessing - that will allow me to do four past papers a day. I have to get an average of over 94% to have a hope of getting into Cambridge so I've got to revise as much as possible really.
Reply 725
I have not done any yet! Am I screwed for As Level? I take Art, Bio, Eng Lit , Classic, I was planning on doing 12 hours+ everyday during Easter hols because that is what I did for GCSE and I managed to get nearly all A*'s? Also my subject are hard to revise from(apart form BIO) as I don not have textbooks etc, so do I just need to know the books inside out...
Help, this half term I have just been doing homework teachers have set and recuperating from last term, ahhhh...
Original post by Lakesx
I have not done any yet! Am I screwed for As Level? I take Art, Bio, Eng Lit , Classic, I was planning on doing 12 hours+ everyday during Easter hols because that is what I did for GCSE and I managed to get nearly all A*'s? Also my subject are hard to revise from(apart form BIO) as I don not have textbooks etc, so do I just need to know the books inside out...
Help, this half term I have just been doing homework teachers have set and recuperating from last term, ahhhh...

haha me too, i havnt done ANYTHING,

visitor message me and we can START revising together and sort out immediate action plan
Reply 727
9 hrs a day for me.
3hrs of maths, 3 of physics and 3 of bio....

Mind you did get 100% in a C3 mock the other day - so keep going!!! Only a 3months left to go!
Reply 728
Original post by Shadow-X

visitor message me and we can START revising together and sort out immediate action plan

Hey, yay finally someone else! I do not know why, but TSR are not letting me post a visitor message??
Original post by Lakesx
Hey, yay finally someone else! I do not know why, but TSR are not letting me post a visitor message??

ok lets talk here,

so ive been procrastinating since yesterday and i cant start this ict assignment thing, what about u,

ive tried to start but its tooooooooo hard,
Reply 730
ok lets talk here,

so ive been procrastinating since yesterday and i cant start this ict assignment thing, what about u,

ive tried to start but its tooooooooo hard,

okay!
Hmm I have been procrastination all week...
Apart from ICT what else do you do...?
I am attempting a classic past paper that my teacher set for homework, AND so far I have done nothing...
Original post by Lakesx
okay!
Hmm I have been procrastination all week...
Apart from ICT what else do you do...?
I am attempting a classic past paper that my teacher set for homework, AND so far I have done nothing...

i do computing n maths n business i need to revise for those aswell i got a mock next week and NO REVISION OMG

ok how shall we start,

i done 2 minutes of my coursework yesterday because my dad was watching over me haha,

hmm thats seems like a good method with som1 watching over u,

i am a guy who likes to get things done perfectly and spend time on it, ive tried the "2 minute rule" and i cant even start on that,

a good tip is to put stuff in bytesize chunks and that doesnt work either

what shall we do!
Reply 732
i do computing n maths n business i need to revise for those aswell i got a mock next week and NO REVISION OMG

ok how shall we start,

i done 2 minutes of my coursework yesterday because my dad was watching over me haha,

hmm thats seems like a good method with som1 watching over u,

i am a guy who likes to get things done perfectly and spend time on it, ive tried the "2 minute rule" and i cant even start on that,

a good tip is to put stuff in bytesize chunks and that doesnt work either

what shall we do!

haha oh that's brilliant you should pin a picture of you dad on the wall in front of you, so that whenever you look up you see him! Umm or get someone to facetime/skype with you so that they can check you are doing work...
^^ Actually this one might not work, I have done this and said I was googling something when I was skyping my friend but I was actually on Facebook....hmm
Oh whats the 2 minute rule? Work for 2 mins then break??
I dont know, uhh maybe try setting goals, say I wont play flappy bird until I get this chapter done etc.
(Thats what I have tried today- I wont check snapchat even though I have loads of notifications until I plan this essay...?)
Original post by Lakesx
haha oh that's brilliant you should pin a picture of you dad on the wall in front of you, so that whenever you look up you see him! Umm or get someone to facetime/skype with you so that they can check you are doing work...
^^ Actually this one might not work, I have done this and said I was googling something when I was skyping my friend but I was actually on Facebook....hmm
Oh whats the 2 minute rule? Work for 2 mins then break??
I dont know, uhh maybe try setting goals, say I wont play flappy bird until I get this chapter done etc.
(Thats what I have tried today- I wont check snapchat even though I have loads of notifications until I plan this essay...?)

loooooool picture of dad on the wall will freak me out :redface:

yeah thats the 2 minute rule i think,

distractions such as flapy bird or tv i dont normally do, i have big plans and goals to do other stuff,

i got the best idea, we should skype screen share and check on each other to see if we r doing work
Reply 734
loooooool picture of dad on the wall will freak me out :redface:

yeah thats the 2 minute rule i think,

distractions such as flapy bird or tv i dont normally do, i have big plans and goals to do other stuff,

i got the best idea, we should skype screen share and check on each other to see if we r doing work

haha just a suggestion lol

Oh okay, yeah I would get to distracted doing the 2 min rule...
Good for you!
What so you just share the screen of your computer?:confused:
I am not sure that will be very helpful for me as everything I am doing is handwritten...?
Usually 4 minimum 2 will step it up from beginning of march to minimum 4 average 5-6. Completed some revision of fraud and false misrepresentation in A2 law today need to start doing past papers though
Original post by Lakesx
haha just a suggestion lol

Oh okay, yeah I would get to distracted doing the 2 min rule...
Good for you!
What so you just share the screen of your computer?:confused:
I am not sure that will be very helpful for me as everything I am doing is handwritten...?

yeah just share the screen, you dont hav to show yours, just by the fact of you watching me will motivate me anyway lool.

hmm yours is handwritten thats much easier, mines all on the computer :frown:

oh yeah one more thing, why are we procrastinating ?? i dont know why i am.... is it fear of success? fear of failure? depression? i dont know
Original post by precious maro
I swear I still haven't started revising yet but I'm gonna do start today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude, that's what I tell myself everyday. It never happens D:
Reply 738
yeah just share the screen, you dont hav to show yours, just by the fact of you watching me will motivate me anyway lool.

hmm yours is handwritten thats much easier, mines all on the computer :frown:

oh yeah one more thing, why are we procrastinating ?? i dont know why i am.... is it fear of success? fear of failure? depression? i dont know

okay fine then, yep my teacher want me to handwrite it cuz thats how the exam will be and its good practice for the real thing ....
hmm I had not thought of it that way... very philosophical hmm I think personally I am very lazy when it comes to doing stuff however I can spend a good 10 hours doing it if I enjoy it or if I am really focused (mostly for art) How about you?

Original post by Lakesx

Hello. I also need help with my procrastination problem- could I join in? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending