The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is NervousBoy!

I'm studying... GCSE

I'm interested in... University
Reply 1
Original post by NervousBoy
I'm studying... GCSE

I'm interested in... University

Here there! How are you? Welcome to TSR!

How are your studies going? I hope they are going well. What subjects are you studying? The site has a forum dedicated to the vast majority of subjects. Here's a link to the general GCSE forum.

So which subject area are you tinting of studying at uni? I'm going to study medicine in September!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask
Reply 2
Original post by minhle20
Here there! How are you? Welcome to TSR!

How are your studies going? I hope they are going well. What subjects are you studying? The site has a forum dedicated to the vast majority of subjects. Here's a link to the general GCSE forum.

So which subject area are you tinting of studying at uni? I'm going to study medicine in September!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Thanks for the reply, wow Congratulations! Bet you and your family are over the moon :smile:

I just had a few questions on how to revise for GCSE's because I'm guessing you must have done really well. I just need a few pointers. I don't know whether to read the CGP back to front or use the Nelson Thornes Text Book. I am AQA for all GCSE's exams.

I am taking this Summer-

Biology

Chemistry

Physics - B

Maths - A

Further Maths (Level 2)

Business Studies

English Language

English Literature

Spanish

P.E (Edexcel)

Thanks and good luck for Med School!:colondollar:
Thanks for the reply, wow Congratulations! Bet you and your family are over the moon :smile:

I just had a few questions on how to revise for GCSE's because I'm guessing you must have done really well. I just need a few pointers. I don't know whether to read the CGP back to front or use the Nelson Thornes Text Book. I am AQA for all GCSE's exams.

I am taking this Summer-

Biology

Chemistry

Physics - B

Maths - A

Further Maths (Level 2)

Business Studies

English Language

English Literature

Spanish

P.E (Edexcel)

Hi. Welcome to TSR!!!
im doing my GCSEs too and the best advice I can give atm is to yes make revision notes-actually write them and also do past papers as they can help a LOT!!!!

btw are you in Year 11 then???
Reply 4

I am taking this Summer-

Biology

Chemistry

Physics - B

Maths - A

Further Maths (Level 2)

Business Studies

English Language

English Literature

Spanish

P.E (Edexcel)

Thank you very much. I'm really chuffed!
It actually depends on which way you find revising most effective. Me personally it's by doing loads and loads of past papers and going then read over the sections I did badly on.

Regarding which books you should use, again that's down to your preference. Most of my subjects were WJEC so I can't really give any specific points. But you have to ask yourself which one do you feel gives the best explanation of the concepts you have learnt and which one presents the information in enough detail but in a concise manner?

In my opinion the key to do well in your exams is finding the best way you learn. For me it's by trying to understand by solving problems.

I hope this helps you in your studies and best of luck!
Reply 5
Original post by dasolja123
Hi. Welcome to TSR!!!
im doing my GCSEs too and the best advice I can give atm is to yes make revision notes-actually write them and also do past papers as they can help a LOT!!!!

btw are you in Year 11 then???

Yes I am in Year 11! I really hate taking notes though and planning to start Past Papers in a few weeks.

What alternative is there, other than taking notes?

BTW How do I revise for English! :0
Reply 6
Thank you very much. I'm really chuffed!
It actually depends on which way you find revising most effective. Me personally it's by doing loads and loads of past papers and going then read over the sections I did badly on.

Regarding which books you should use, again that's down to your preference. Most of my subjects were WJEC so I can't really give any specific points. But you have to ask yourself which one do you feel gives the best explanation of the concepts you have learnt and which one presents the information in enough detail but in a concise manner?

In my opinion the key to do well in your exams is finding the best way you learn. For me it's by trying to understand by solving problems.

I hope this helps you in your studies and best of luck!

Could you please take a look at MyGCSEscience on Youtube for me and see if it sounds beneficial in any way because i tend to remember a lot of things from the videos.

Thanks a lot for your help and I wish you the best in your studies for Medicine! How many A*'s did you get? and How many A*'s minimum to get into any Medicine Degree in the UK?

Reply 7
Could you please take a look at MyGCSEscience on Youtube for me and see if it sounds beneficial in any way because i tend to remember a lot of things from the videos.

Thanks a lot for your help and I wish you the best in your studies for Medicine! How many A*'s did you get? and How many A*'s minimum to get into any Medicine Degree in the UK?

MyGCSEscience seems to be a pretty good resource. In my opinion it's good because it's breaking the course down into little sections for you to revise. It seems to be working for you as it seems you are remembering the concepts as a result of the videos. If it feels it's working for you, keep going with it.

I managed to get 5A* 3A and 1B for my GCSEs. You don't need a minimum amount of A*s at GCSE for medicine. The unis all have different criteria. However for medicine, I do recommend getting mostly A and A* for your GCSE, especially in the Sciences, English and Maths.
Yes I am in Year 11! I really hate taking notes though and planning to start Past Papers in a few weeks.

What alternative is there, other than taking notes?

BTW How do I revise for English! :0

trust me!!!!! i really need to start revising :tongue: n the main thing is active revision-make mindmaps and flashcards-depends on what kind of learner you are really and how well you learn...

instead of making notes, read thru them but its not as helpful as you need to understand it!!!

and for english language, learn how to analyse and structure your answers-what exam board are you doing and are you doing english literature as well?? im doing aqa so mine might be different than yours....
Reply 9
MyGCSEscience seems to be a pretty good resource. In my opinion it's good because it's breaking the course down into little sections for you to revise. It seems to be working for you as it seems you are remembering the concepts as a result of the videos. If it feels it's working for you, keep going with it.

I managed to get 5A* 3A and 1B for my GCSEs. You don't need a minimum amount of A*s at GCSE for medicine. The unis all have different criteria. However for medicine, I do recommend getting mostly A and A* for your GCSE, especially in the Sciences, English and Maths.

I hope I get similar to what you got, thanks so much for your help and making me feel so welcome into TSR! Really appreciate your help and support!

God Bless You!

Kind Regards
Reply 10
Original post by dasolja123
trust me!!!!! i really need to start revising :tongue: n the main thing is active revision-make mindmaps and flashcards-depends on what kind of learner you are really and how well you learn...

instead of making notes, read thru them but its not as helpful as you need to understand it!!!

and for english language, learn how to analyse and structure your answers-what exam board are you doing and are you doing english literature as well?? im doing aqa so mine might be different than yours....

I am AQA for both English Language and Literature.

Yeah English is a subject where you can't really revise?
I am AQA for both English Language and Literature.

Yeah English is a subject where you can't really revise?

basically for english lang. do LOTS of past paper q's and get them marked by your teacher and get feedback....it will help

n for lit-just read thru the texts (depending on what ur doing) and make notes on it covering theme, contexts, characters etc... and do PAST PAPERS!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest