The Student Room Group

English iGCSE Cambridge

The iGCSE (English Literature) I am doing requires the study of 'julius Caesar' , a anthology of poems called 'songs of ourselves' and a short story anthology called ' stories of oursleves'

I need some thorough notes regarding this... Anyone know any good websites which provide detailed notes?

Ps : Exam is in 1 month so I need all the help I can get as QUICKLY as possible!
Bump!
Reply 2
Original post by Mo_Jo.
The iGCSE (English Literature) I am doing requires the study of 'julius Caesar' , a anthology of poems called 'songs of ourselves' and a short story anthology called ' stories of oursleves'

I need some thorough notes regarding this... Anyone know any good websites which provide detailed notes?

Ps : Exam is in 1 month so I need all the help I can get as QUICKLY as possible!

Hi,
I had a search around the internet for you (fellow Igcse student too) and found a few things. I looked to Spark Notes and found a piece on Julius Caesar. If you haven't heard, Spark Notes is condensed notes on a piece of text and other material, further study questions and analysis- the further study questions are particularly helpful when trying to practice exam response. For your particular case there is also No Fear Shakespeare which basically translates Shakespearean to modern English- the website is pretty easy to find your way around. I'll link the website to Julius Caesar notes. And secondly I fount the Teacher's Notes for the Cambridge International Igcse Anthology: Songs Of Ourselves. The Stories of Ourselves is also used in the A Level syllabus, so I'm not sure what the correct wording would be, although a quick thorough search should bring some results.

Julius Caesar Link to Spark Notes: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/juliuscaesar/

PDF Teachers Notes on Songs Of Ourselves: songs-of-ourselves-revision-notes.pdf

I hope you get the PDF file and good luck with your exams!

Amy :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Amy. J S
Hi,
I had a search around the internet for you (fellow Igcse student too) and found a few things. I looked to Spark Notes and found a piece on Julius Caesar. If you haven't heard, Spark Notes is condensed notes on a piece of text and other material, further study questions and analysis- the further study questions are particularly helpful when trying to practice exam response. For your particular case there is also No Fear Shakespeare which basically translates Shakespearean to modern English- the website is pretty easy to find your way around. I'll link the website to Julius Caesar notes. And secondly I fount the Teacher's Notes for the Cambridge International Igcse Anthology: Songs Of Ourselves. The Stories of Ourselves is also used in the A Level syllabus, so I'm not sure what the correct wording would be, although a quick thorough search should bring some results.

Julius Caesar Link to Spark Notes: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/juliuscaesar/

I should probably also point you in the direction of another resource. If you wouldn't like anything specific, and just general help with the whole literary approach and mindset- i.e comparison, language association, a general understanding etc. ATeacherWrites.co.uk is fantastic for this. She is very helpful and posts down-to-earth pieces which a quite wonderful to read through: She has heaps of resources.

I just wanted to quickly let you know about her, too! :smile:
Reply 4
I should probably also point you in the direction of another resource. If you wouldn't like anything specific, and just general help with the whole literary approach and mindset- i.e comparison, language association, a general understanding etc. ATeacherWrites.co.uk is fantastic for this. She is very helpful and posts down-to-earth pieces which a quite wonderful to read through: She has heaps of resources.

I just wanted to quickly let you know about her, too! :smile:

Wow Amy thank you so much!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mo_Jo.
Hi,

Brilliant!

Thank yeww <3
Reply 6
Original post by Mo_Jo.
Wow Amy thank you so much!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mo_Jo.

Not a problem- really pleased I could help! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Jalal Uddin
Brilliant!

Thank yeww <3