The Student Room Group

Tips on getting an A* in A-Level Economics?

I'm doing Edexcel IAL (International Advanced Level - it's this new a-level for international students that's similar to GCE, except slight differences in syllabus & they've replaced Econs 3 Section A MCQ with two 20m essays) Economics, and I want to aim for an A*. I'm sitting for Economics 3 (re-sit) and 4 this May/June. Any tips? Please help! :frown:
Original post by allycsf
I'm doing Edexcel IAL (International Advanced Level - it's this new a-level for international students that's similar to GCE, except slight differences in syllabus & they've replaced Econs 3 Section A MCQ with two 20m essays) Economics, and I want to aim for an A*. I'm sitting for Economics 3 (re-sit) and 4 this May/June. Any tips? Please help! :frown:

We have a great thread where A* students share their tips on how they did it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293

I'm going to move your post into the Economics forum, too - you should get some more subject-specific advice there.
bumping as i'd like tips too (namely for ECON4)
turn up for the exam.
Original post by Wiggledinho
turn up for the exam.

top kek wiggledinho
Reply 5
Original post by shooks
We have a great thread where A* students share their tips on how they did it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293

I'm going to move your post into the Economics forum, too - you should get some more subject-specific advice there.

Thanks! :smile: Though I can't seem to find any study advice for an A* in Economics in that thread (though I only used the search option; didn't go through the entire 86 pages haha). I only found technical advice on how many marks are required for an A* in Economics etc. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Scratchyjam
bumping as i'd like tips too (namely for ECON4)

I really want tips for Econs 4. :frown: I'd love tips for Econs 3 too but since the IAL format is different (essays in place of MCQs), I doubt I'd be able to get as much help there.

Original post by Wiggledinho
turn up for the exam.

Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest