The Student Room Group

If I will get into university

Hey, there I am planning on applying for economics at various universities in the UK and other countries ( In the UK I am interested in applying to LSE, UCL, Imperial ,Kings and Warwick). I did not have the best IGCSEs ( GCSEs), it was so bad that i got a C in maths but also got a few As ( A in eco) and Bs in my subjects. But I am doing the IB Diploma program and have improved my grades in Maths Higher level ( 6/7) and with a total score of 41/45 but am yet to get a predicted score as, I still have my exams left. To add, I am also doing a research based internship to further pursue my interests in economics and am the founder of a Financial literacy club. So my question is, with my bad GCSEs , will universities in the UK reject me? even though I have improved academically.
Reply 1
Original post by Hari_0302
Hey, there I am planning on applying for economics at various universities in the UK and other countries ( In the UK I am interested in applying to LSE, UCL, Imperial ,Kings and Warwick). I did not have the best IGCSEs ( GCSEs), it was so bad that i got a C in maths but also got a few As ( A in eco) and Bs in my subjects. But I am doing the IB Diploma program and have improved my grades in Maths Higher level ( 6/7) and with a total score of 41/45 but am yet to get a predicted score as, I still have my exams left. To add, I am also doing a research based internship to further pursue my interests in economics and am the founder of a Financial literacy club. So my question is, with my bad GCSEs , will universities in the UK reject me? even though I have improved academically.

Hi, sorry this isn't going to be the response you're looking for but I'm currently in my first year of the IB and I'm really struggling with maths and was wondering if you did Higher AA maths? If so, would you be willing to give me some tips/pointers.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
I am doing Maths AI HL and I mean for tips maybe you can use revision village (obvio source) and maybe use christos nikolaidis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending