The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex-Torres
You wild one!

Haha, completely reckless, living life on the edge!
Reply 1021
for a levels is everybody slowly starting to get into rythm. my first exam is 13th may but then its 3rd june up until 24th june. should i start proper past papers yet?
Reply 1022
I can't seem to kick in properly.

I know that I generally have a vague idea of what the questions on about, so like I know most of the content but they are the odd questions which just end up literally killing me.
Original post by cem101
for a levels is everybody slowly starting to get into rythm. my first exam is 13th may but then its 3rd june up until 24th june. should i start proper past papers yet?

Yep, find as many as you can and start working through them, but gradually, so spread them out between now and your exams
Reply 1024
For my A-Levels I probably did about 3 hours a day and then did probably 6 hours a day in the days leading up to the exams.
For my law degree I have to revise for about 4-5 a day. Why oh why.
Original post by saaay
I haven't started ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

When / what are your exams?
Reply 1026
My exams arent for a month and a half only got 3 this year so i reckon i can get away with it this year next year i might revise more...
Reply 1027
After graduation (yes, we graduate for 2 weeks before taking As) I pretty much did 10-12 hours a day, and after the exam itself, depending on the exam the next day (e.g. written paper, etc.) I'd go to Starbucks with a friend and camp there for about 12 hours. This was pretty common not just in my school but pretty much for everyone in the country taking their As. Of course, sometimes you get distracted/tired so nothing goes into your brain so I'd estimate maybe 8 hours for every 10 I was there, and 9 for every 12?
Reply 1028
Have too much homework to even think about revising. I'm not good at revising anyway have this weird memory where I can only access the knowledge & put stuff in when I'm in lessons or exams which is sort of unfortunate but I tend to get all B's anyway so I should be fine.
During these Easter holidays I'm currently aiming for 8 hours a day for my 3 AS levels. The minimum I do is 5 hours. If I don't do much revision in a day then I end up being awake all night feeling guilty and wanting to work :sigh:
Reply 1030
Ok so I haven't started yet as I still have school and I have damn art to do. Perhaps I'll try and do 5 a day (probably wont happen though).
Original post by Hannie Rose
During these Easter holidays I'm currently aiming for 8 hours a day for my 3 AS levels. The minimum I do is 5 hours. If I don't do much revision in a day then I end up being awake all night feeling guilty and wanting to work :sigh:

woah how do you even fill that time with 3 AS levels
Original post by BWCW
Threads like these make me want to die.

definitely doesn't represent the majority, I don't think. Doing 12 hours of revision a day is absolute madness
Like 2-3 hours but panic is setting in so it's going to be in the region of 9 hours. Hopefully. I will try but let's be honest, it won't happen... *cries*
8 hours a day, magic number
Reply 1035
Original post by Wiggledinho
definitely doesn't represent the majority, I don't think. Doing 12 hours of revision a day is absolute madness

That's what I keep telling myself! :redface:
I left the house for the first time today since the holidays began.

I call that a successful week of revision :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
I left the house for the first time today since the holidays began.

I call that a successful week of revision :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is quite successful (;
My holidays haven't started yet but I literally only went to school for an hour today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm panicking right now reading all of these posts about revising 8 -12 hours a day... I'm about to go on a holiday to the US for two weeks so I think I'll only get 2 hours in a day if I'm lucky... AHHH!
I'm doing around three hours a day, but that'll probably go up next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending