The Student Room Group

I think I did terrible in my English Mock! Help!

Today I had my first GCSE English mock for both literature and language, altogether I think I did terrible! I wrote too short (1 side of A4 each) and I don't think the quality is great either. I'm even hoping to get at least a C. (didn't even write in paragraphs - should've known that by now)
Also, do they count for anything? I'm especially worried that they might switch me to foundation. Or am I just overreacting?
BTW. You still get another mock in yr 11 right?
You are definitely overreacting! The reason you didn't write very much and will maybe get a low grade is because it's your first time. You'll learn to do better and write more quickly the more practise you do. If you're a higher student, your teachers will know. I got a D or a C I think, and I came out with a great grade.

Mocks are mocks, only really have personal value in my opinion.
Reply 2
Original post by Lewisallows
You are definitely overreacting! The reason you didn't write very much and will maybe get a low grade is because it's your first time. You'll learn to do better and write more quickly the more practise you do. If you're a higher student, your teachers will know. I got a D or a C I think, and I came out with a great grade.

Mocks are mocks, only really have personal value in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for that! I think I really did overreact now that you posted your opinion, LOL. I'll just have to make sure I'll do twice as better next time I guess.
The key word here is "mock".
Reply 4
Original post by thenewone61
The key word here is "mock".

LOL True.
Original post by cloudpii
Today I had my first GCSE English mock for both literature and language, altogether I think I did terrible! I wrote too short (1 side of A4 each) and I don't think the quality is great either. I'm even hoping to get at least a C. (didn't even write in paragraphs - should've known that by now)
Also, do they count for anything? I'm especially worried that they might switch me to foundation. Or am I just overreacting?
BTW. You still get another mock in yr 11 right?

I think you're overreacting, its your first time, I'm sure you'll improve with practice :yep: I've had so many times like this when I feel I've done so bad (which sometimes is true) but its my fualt really. All you got to remember is what done is done, don't dwell on it, just try to improve :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest