The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Drop us a PM and I'll forward you my Dropbox links.

Original post by thenightwatchmen
yeas please
Original post by DistantTraces
No, actually, I get p***ed off. I would rather do something difficult and experience the satisfaction of being able to answer it with no problems.

I like the six markers as well. It makes all the revision worth while when you know how to answer it. I do like the easy questions as well though because it gives me a bit of confidence that I'm getting some marks!
any know some things that i should definately know for the c2 and c3 exam tommorow, got about 2 hours left to revise before i go to sleep :frown:
Original post by JustGloow
To be honest, I think that there might be a comparision question on gas chromotography and paper chromotography, like which one is more efficient.

Something like this would be nice, but I think information in the question would be provided as the spec only says that gas chromatography linked to mass spectrometry is required.

I'm expecting a rate of reactions question as a 6 marker, and probably something in relation to making insoluble salts or something.
Original post by ryanroks1
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any predictions for the 6 mark questions for these exams? Do you feel prepared?

My chemistry teacher keeps going on about the C2 6 mark and he said he can almost guarantee it's electroplating.
How is everyone coping at the mo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 Mark Guesses:

C2: Electrolysis, Insoluble Salts, Rates of Reaction
C3: Titration Equations, Haber Process, Hard and Soft Water

GET REVISING GUYS! Still plenty of time for learning entire methods and cramming in facts!
Still got the rest of C3 to cram, really worried now that I won't be able to do it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2014_GCSE
6 Mark Guesses:

C2: Electrolysis, Insoluble Salts, Rates of Reaction
C3: Titration Equations, Haber Process, Hard and Soft Water

GET REVISING GUYS! Still plenty of time for learning entire methods and cramming in facts!

what part of the haber process are you guessing will come up on a 6 mark question if it would?
Original post by Sayless
what part of the haber process are you guessing will come up on a 6 mark question if it would?

I believe the general method such as:

What raw materials for the process? What catalyst? Temperature? Pressure? and why those reaction conditions are chosen and about how it's reversible so not all the hydrogen and nitrogen react to form ammonia.

There's also the points about equilibrium that is usually brought up in Haber Process sections of guides but I'm not sure how that could be brought into the 6 mark question.

Of course, this is complete speculation and none of this could come up!
my teacher told us to day that really the only topic they can do for the six marker is titrations or maybe water treatment, good luck!
I am so worried about tomorrow!

Biology was horrible, so I'm dreading chem. There is just so much to learn I feel like being sick. C2 is way too long to cram, and C3 isn't exactly hard to understand but just :frown: :frown: Gonna be revising until 12am I reckon.
Original post by ryanroks1
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any predictions for the 6 mark questions for these exams? Do you feel prepared?

In all of the past papers i have done, Water Purification has never come up, maybe this is the year?
Original post by sayumaya
I am so worried about tomorrow!

Biology was horrible, so I'm dreading chem. There is just so much to learn I feel like being sick. C2 is way too long to cram, and C3 isn't exactly hard to understand but just :frown: :frown: Gonna be revising until 12am I reckon.

Same here :frown:
does anyone know what a metal is, I seem to have forgotten?
Did the January 2014 Chemistry paper have 2 6 mark questions?
Original post by DistantTraces
No, actually, I get p***ed off. I would rather do something difficult and experience the satisfaction of being able to answer it with no problems.

you crazy! is an A* not rewarding enough, no matter how you get it?
if insoluble salts comes up as the 6mark question i am screwed
How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????
Original post by Sayless
any know some things that i should definately know for the c2 and c3 exam tommorow, got about 2 hours left to revise before i go to sleep :frown:

go over some calculation questions bc they're definitley going to be on, especially moles and reacting mass calculations, im so scared about the exam but i hope everyone does well! Good Luck:frown:
Original post by unidentified123
How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????

Less than an hour for C2.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest