The Student Room Group

OCR AS Sociology: G672 FAMILY

How do you structure the answers and what questions do you think may come up? Also can someone post a sample of their essay (answering any question on family) so I can get an idea of what I need to include in my answers especially since we have not gone through family as much in class so I don't know much about this unit.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think Childhood will come up or Roles and Responsibilities (Conjugal Roles).
Reply 2
I'm only doing family as it was an elective so we only have 3 lessons a week so we didn't have enough time to do all the topics
Reply 3
Do you want some notes?
Reply 4
My teacher told me one of the 17 markers may be on single parent households, and one of the 33 markers may be on family diversity...? Not too sure though, it's hard to guess for G672
Reply 5
It is. Anything related to the family could come up.
Original post by crimsonk
Do you want some notes?

Yes please that would be very helpful :smile:
Feel so unprepared for this exam :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by jessiebon
Feel so unprepared for this exam :frown:

I am sure you will be fine.

Thank you sooo much for these notes, they are very helpful...It seems like there is a lot to learn, hopefully all the information will stick in my head.
Reply 11
Original post by starryeyed009
Thank you sooo much for these notes, they are very helpful...It seems like there is a lot to learn, hopefully all the information will stick in my head.

Your welcome. I hope that you do well. Also, those links are just things that I found on the Internet. I am in the middle of making my own notes that are full of contemporary evidence that gets you more marks. However, I don't really include evaluation that's why I am supplying people with those notes because that they will contain the evaluation that I won't. I tend to evaluate in the exam anyway.

They should be up either tonight or tomorrow.
Original post by crimsonk
Your welcome. I hope that you do well. Also, those links are just things that I found on the Internet. I am in the middle of making my own notes that are full of contemporary evidence that gets you more marks. However, I don't really include evaluation that's why I am supplying people with those notes because that they will contain the evaluation that I won't. I tend to evaluate in the exam anyway.

They should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

That's good, you seem to be aware of what you need to revise. Also how are you revising for this? I found it easier to revise for the first exam on culture and identity but I'm actually struggling to revise for this unit maybe I don't feel as motivated as before :/
Reply 13
Original post by starryeyed009
That's good, you seem to be aware of what you need to revise. Also how are you revising for this? I found it easier to revise for the first exam on culture and identity but I'm actually struggling to revise for this unit maybe I don't feel as motivated as before :/

I made flashcards of the Sociologists and what they said. I then try to see if I can remember what they said one say and then the next I look at what they said and then see if I can remember their names. And then I try and do without them.
The important thing about this exam is that if you can't remember what people said it is good to have a clear understanding of what all the sociologists said including radical psychiatry.
Also, if you can't remember the name of the Sociologist but can remember what they said just say 'A sociologist says that....' You will still get marks.

Alot of it is common sense like two ways that divorce is seen to be increasing and two reasons for the rise in cohabitation.
hey guys!

Anyone doing the youth topic? Also any predictions on what the questions for youth could be on please or any revision material would be helpful!

Thanks

thank you thanks you i found your post, been so stress and worried about this exam the notes my teacher given me arent so great these are really useful <3 p.s http://i.imgur.com/NNzJ8G8.gif :biggrin:
Do you guys have the exam in the morning or in the afternoon?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by humbledono
Do you guys have the exam in the morning or in the afternoon?

In the afternoon
can anyone give me some predicted questions? please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending