The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rowntrees
well i didnt get that...... the gradient was something like -3/2 and it passed through 0,0. so i put y=-3/2x as the equation.....?

Wasn't the gradient positive? So it was 3/2 instead of -3/2
Original post by Maannashon
I got 432/13, but I don't see how you got that.

Base was 26/3 height was 4

0.5 × 26/3 × 4 = 52/3
Original post by nazifaa_
Wasn't the gradient positive? So it was 3/2 instead of -3/2

It was indeed 3/2. The line was pointing north east like this /
so it could not have been -3/2 as that would be a reciprocal function looking like this \
Reply 43
Original post by IrfanCFC16
Anyone get c=53? Also year 2009, 40 for b2-4ac,

I got 40 for the discriminant, but were we meant to say how many real solutions? bc as far as I remember it only asked for the value of it. I can't remember what I got for C and I messed up the year one because I completely forgot about the 3x- but someone else I know got that answer so yeah :tongue:
Original post by IrfanCFC16
Anyone get c=53? Also year 2009, 40 for b2-4ac,

correct :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Super199
I messed up with that one. I got 78/2 but it is supposed to be 53/2 apparently :frown:

52/3*
I got 40 for the discriminant, but were we meant to say how many real solutions? bc as far as I remember it only asked for the value of it. I can't remember what I got for C and I messed up the year one because I completely forgot about the 3x- but someone else I know got that answer so yeah

Ah good to know! No I don't think it asked for number of real solutions.

There were 2 instances where we needed to caldculate the value for c one was towards the end which everyone found tricky. I got 53, others got -1 and 3, I guess we'll have to wait for the unofficial ms
Original post by nazifaa_
52/3*

Yup my bad :tongue:
c+-1 last question?
Any guesses on the grade boundaries? Lower or higher or the same compared to last year?
Reply 50
i reckon grade boundaries will be around the same or just slightly lower then last year. the paper wasnt difficult you just had a lot of calculations and fractions to deal with... ps i got 53 as well
Original post by Maannashon
What did you guys get for question 10 c) with the area of the triangle?

I got 103/4 for the Area of triangle but I am not sure bro cherrs
Good to hear! That was like 5 marks

What you guys get for the values of p and q when rationalising and p, q r in completing the square, I got -13 for r :frown:
Original post by rakib567
correct :biggrin:

did u get ur C to be 53 for intergration questions?
Reply 54
i wanted to knowww, if i got say a low B in this C1 exam today, is there potential for me to get an A overall..
i made a lot of silly mistakes that will pull down my grade so yeah..

thanks

i wanted to knowww, if i got say a low B in this C1 exam today, is there potential for me to get an A overall..
i made a lot of silly mistakes that will pull down my grade so yeah..

thanks

Of course.
Reply 56
Original post by Yerda
anyone else get 1/4x^2 for Q2

I got 1/4x^-2
Reply 57
For the inequality question if you do not simplify your answer can still get the full mark for that question
Reply 58
Original post by Super199
I believe I got the exact same as that :wink:

Yeah I got that too
Reply 59
Original post by niamat123
did u get ur C to be 53 for intergration questions?

If it was the last question, I got c=1

Latest