The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Business BUSS4 18 June 2014 Thread

Opening this new thread to provide a focus for discussion and support ahead of the BUSS4 exam on 18 June 2014. Happy to help with as many queries as possible.

I also tweet support on BUSS4 via my Twitter account

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Any tips on how to actually revise for BUSS4?

Also what sort of businesses should we look at for section B BUSS4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
We're doing external businesses operating in China for section A, and other business for Section B that are linked with CSR, External and Internal Changes, Leadership etc.
Reply 4
I'm completely clueless for this section, I used your resource specification to get businesses but I don't know how to write these essays at all ;( help asap!!
Reply 5
Original post by sophiew10
I'm completely clueless for this section, I used your resource specification to get businesses but I don't know how to write these essays at all ;( help asap!!

Do you have any section b examples? we could exchange and share notes?
Original post by sophiew10

My teacher says that the best way to write an essay is:

The first paragraph should be short and should state your initial reaction to the question.

For your arguments you should make a point, explain the point using a business example, why the point you made is important in relation to the question/business and then challenge the point you just made.

Try to do 2 paragraphs for and 1 against or vice versa.

In the conclusion sum up your argument and say what factors the argument you make depends up e.g. it depends upon business objectives, the economic climate etc.

You can do quite well using this structure because I have and I've managed to get Bs and As in my essays!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lucyanne1996
My teacher says that the best way to write an essay is:

The first paragraph should be short and should state your initial reaction to the question.

For your arguments you should make a point, explain the point using a business example, why the point you made is important in relation to the question/business and then challenge the point you just made.

Try to do 2 paragraphs for and 1 against or vice versa.

In the conclusion sum up your argument and say what factors the argument you make depends up e.g. it depends upon business objectives, the economic climate etc.

You can do quite well using this structure because I have and I've managed to get Bs and As in my essays!

Hope this helps! :smile:

Do you have any buss 4 section B examples that we could share I have some written on a document
I don't have any written down but I can think of a few now. for an example of a takeover you could use Kraft taking over Cadbury and in the news recently Pfizer are offering a takeover bid to AstraZeneca worth around £63.5 billion. You could also use supermarket examples such as how Aldi and Lidl are becoming increasingly popular and Morrisons are struggling having announced a fall in sales for the first quarter of this year. You could use companies such as Starbucks and Topshop for CSR. Any more that I think of I will post on here!
Reply 9
Original post by lucyanne1996
I don't have any written down but I can think of a few now. for an example of a takeover you could use Kraft taking over Cadbury and in the news recently Pfizer are offering a takeover bid to AstraZeneca worth around £63.5 billion. You could also use supermarket examples such as how Aldi and Lidl are becoming increasingly popular and Morrisons are struggling having announced a fall in sales for the first quarter of this year. You could use companies such as Starbucks and Topshop for CSR. Any more that I think of I will post on here!
thank you
Reply 10
I've started adding some decent examples of compare and contrast for some of the core Section B topics. Take a look at them here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/examples-of-compare-and-contrast-for-buss4-section-b-topics

Jim
Reply 11
Original post by Jim Riley
I've started adding some decent examples of compare and contrast for some of the core Section B topics. Take a look at them here:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/examples-of-compare-and-contrast-for-buss4-section-b-topics

Jim

If you were a betting man, what would you expect to see on the Section B essays this year?
Thanks
Has anyone got a good website for china research or could someone give me their research?

Thanks in advanced
what is a good amount of businesses to include for each question? how many are other people using?
I have economic data on china and info on western company who have entered China. What else do I need, are there set topics I should cover, for example joint ventures.
Original post by saiemjalil
Has anyone got a good website for china research or could someone give me their research?

Thanks in advanced

I found this site:

http://zigzageducation.co.uk/downloads/Business/buss4/5261websites.html

It's got a range of case studies for China buss4, quite useful :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Tereasa Green
I found this site:

http://zigzageducation.co.uk/downloads/Business/buss4/5261websites.html

It's got a range of case studies for China buss4, quite useful :smile:

Don't suppose you've got the model essays do you? Thanks
Reply 17
Would it be better focusing on some BUSS4 Section B topics instead of all of them? if so, which topics would people recommend?

I already feel pretty confident on leadership and retrenchment.
Reply 18
Hi, I'm really unsure on what I need to be revising for Section B :s-smilie: If someone could let me know what I need to be researching exactly much would be appreciated:smile: also, like Section A does the research theme for Section B change every year?
There's another good thread here with lots of information on
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2499880&page=6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending