The Student Room Group

Flopped my ISAs

Okay so I got a very low percentage for my ISA, think I got an E. Let's say for the upcoming exam (core science) I get an A for Biology, chemistry and physics if God wills. The ISA will bring it down but by how much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by questionandlearn
Okay so I got a very low percentage for my ISA, think I got an E. Let's say for the upcoming exam (core science) I get an A for Biology, chemistry and physics if God wills. The ISA will bring it down but by how much?

Well, the ISA is 25%. So say you got a mid E (45%) for the ISA and mid As (85%) in the other three units, you'd have 75% overall which is a mid B.
Hmm, so would that mean I would need 3 A* for an overall A*?

Or does it matter about the percentage of the A*?

And I got two other questions. Would the 3 core science GCSEs overall make one gcse? Or in the envelope containing my results would it display the results of my 3 GCSEs (Core) and the other 3 for additional science separately?

Plus, are the grade boundaries going to be the same as last years?
Oh and thanks btw :smile:
Hmm, so would that mean I would need 3 A* for an overall A*?

Or does it matter about the percentage of the A*?

And I got two other questions. Would the 3 core science GCSEs overall make one gcse? Or in the envelope containing my results would it display the results of my 3 GCSEs (Core) and the other 3 for additional science separately?

Plus, are the grade boundaries going to be the same as last years?

You need 360ums for an A* and I'm pretty sure a C is 60ums. Therefore, it is impossible for you to get an A* even if you got full points in the exam.
So what would be my overall grade. See I don't get this? guy above says B. Could you answer my question please? Would the 3 core science GCSEs overall make one gcse? Or in the envelope containing my results would it display the results of my 3 GCSEs (Core) and the other 3 for additional science separately?

So what would I get if I can't get an A*? Could you please elaborate? What if I got a D for my ISA, would that affect it in anyway?
Reply 6
So what would be my overall grade. See I don't get this? guy above says B. Could you answer my question please? Would the 3 core science GCSEs overall make one gcse? Or in the envelope containing my results would it display the results of my 3 GCSEs (Core) and the other 3 for additional science separately?

So what would I get if I can't get an A*? Could you please elaborate? What if I got a D for my ISA, would that affect it in anyway?

How did you get an E?
Original post by BCMFM16
How did you get an E?

I really don't know what I got, it's just a teacher told me that "you got a really low percentage on your ISA" so trying to be harsh with myself and put it as an E. (Which I really think it is)

How? Well, my fault, didn't pay attention in class. Didn't revise properly. Didn't care basically...
Now I regret it :frown:
Reply 8
I really don't know what I got, it's just a teacher told me that "you got a really low percentage on your ISA" so trying to be harsh with myself and put it as an E. (Which I really think it is)

How? Well, my fault, didn't pay attention in class. Didn't revise properly. Didn't care basically...
Now I regret it :frown:

You only need 15/50 for an E i'm sure you've done better than you anticipate :-)
Thanks man, but I think I got a D or an E...
Got my core science GCSEs coming up and I really need to get an A* for the three...
I thought the results come out seperately? Do they?

Or is it one overall grade for GCSE Core Science
Reply 10
is one overall grade for core science and then one overall grade for additional science
Reply 11
Original post by eliecd
is one overall grade for core science and then one overall grade for additional science

Is that a question? If so then yeah, you're right. Our Science teachers keep stressing that we wont be retaking Core Science so we best put our mightiest effort into the exam. What days have you got your exams? Mine's in the next 2 weeks :frown:.
Reply 12
If I got A's on my ISA's, what do I need to get overall A* on core & additional?
Reply 13
Ouch. Thats pretty poor, sorry to say. All I can honestly say is, work your ass off and come August, pray its good.
Reply 14

You might get a B-C (B if your lucky) If you get 3 A*'s on the exams then you can afford to get a D in the controlled assesment to get an A overall. I highly doubt you got an E, i thought i did bad in my ISA because this year our teacher's gave us no help, turns out i was 1 mark of an A* which isn't too bad
Reply 15
Ok people, I'm interested here.
I got A/A* (Can't remember xD) On an ISA. Whats the lowest I can afford to get A*? And I don't mean to brag, its just you guys know your stuff.
Reply 16
Original post by Fedoras
Is that a question? If so then yeah, you're right. Our Science teachers keep stressing that we wont be retaking Core Science so we best put our mightiest effort into the exam. What days have you got your exams? Mine's in the next 2 weeks :frown:.

yep, I am so nervous
Reply 17
Original post by Fedoras

my exams are in the next two weeks as well...I am so nervous
Lol gcses. I'm doing alevels. I got all 3 astars for my isas last year . 2 of which were 100 ums. Start worrying about next year, all u need is decent grades to get into a decent sixthform and do the subjects you wNt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by eliecd
my exams are in the next two weeks as well...I am so nervous

Well all I can say is good luck, and revise as much as you can. I'm not that nervous yet, but I know on the night before the exam I definitely will be lol.

Quick Reply

Latest