The Student Room Group

Edexcel further maths A* requirements

For further maths i am doing, fp1, fp2, m1, m2, d1 and d2.
Which of these units would i need to get +90UMS in to get an a* .

i thought it was m2, d2 and fp2, but a friend from last year got 65 in fp2, 95 in m2 and 92 in D2 but he still got an a*. how does that work??
You need an average of 90ums in 3 of any of the units ending in 2 or 3 (apart from the core units) so any out of M2/M3 S2/S3 FP2/FP3
Reply 2
Original post by BrielleWhisper
You need an average of 90ums in 3 of any of the units ending in 2 or 3 (apart from the core units) so any out of M2/M3 S2/S3 FP2/FP3

but then how did my friend from last year get an a* without averaging 90UMS in fp2, m2 and d2
Reply 3
Your friend wouldve done another module including 2 or 3 such as s2 or fp3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akspurs12
For further maths i am doing, fp1, fp2, m1, m2, d1 and d2.
Which of these units would i need to get +90UMS in to get an a* .

i thought it was m2, d2 and fp2, but a friend from last year got 65 in fp2, 95 in m2 and 92 in D2 but he still got an a*. how does that work??

You must total 270 in your best three A2 units. If FP2, M2 and D2 are the only A2 units you are doing then you must get 270 in them.

Your friend must have had another A2 unit - e.g S2, S3, M3
Reply 5
Did your friend also do FP1, FP2, M1, M2, D1 and D2?
Reply 6
but on his final results sheet it showed that he cashed in m2, d2, fp2, fp1, m1 and d1 for further maths.
Reply 7
Original post by akspurs12
but on his final results sheet it showed that he cashed in m2, d2, fp2, fp1, m1 and d1 for further maths.

my teacher was also unsure how he got an a*. she said she didn't want to contact edexcel and ask just in case they take away the a*.
Reply 8
Could M2, M3, FP2 count towards further a2?
Original post by adamsky_
Could M2, M3, FP2 count towards further a2?

yep
yep

Thank goodness, got 70 in S2 and need A* in FM.
For futher maths, it doesn't matter the modules taken, as getting an A* applies to the top 3 A2 modules taken (90 UMS average or 270 UMS total)
http://www.m4ths.com/is-a-level-for-me.html
This page shows how it works.
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont think edexcel would make mistakes as its all systematically done. Check the result sheet again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending