The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

We will beat Italy mate, quote me on it. A lot of you are going to look very daft indeed.

Yeah, considering I called Italy beating us last time and getting to the final, I'm calling on us being dominated by Italy for 90mins.

It's quite clear that we're not going to beat italy.

1. They have a better system and setup than England.

2. They have better players all around the team. Bar strike force and that's debatable, Balotelli in tournament mode is unplayable and Rossi is essentially Aguero but injured more than him.

3. We have looked like ****, used a new system and have been playing terrible football for the most part since after the qualifying games. During the qualifiers we weren't great too, we played pretty average in the final two games and our tactic was pass to Townsend. We relied on a guy who plays for Spurs as a rotation option ffs!!!

They are better at attacking than us, they are better at defending than us.

We are going to lose this, probably to 0, we'll play that fat scouse ****(not lambert) and he'll be stropping around the pitch, not closing down pirlo(like he was supposed to do last time) and giving no service to my brother Sturridge.

All this counts to us losing 2-0 or 2-1. Our only hope of winning is scoring from a set piece and parking the bus. We don't have John Terry, so how are we going to score from a set piece(bar cahill) and how are we going to park the bus without John Terry.

We are not going to beat Italy. If people think we're suddenly going to click by the time the tournament starts they've got another thing coming. We have enough to beat uruguay, looking at the confeds they seemed like a bunch of individuals, their midfielders are worse than ours and their defence(bar godin) is pretty average. We should win that tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Match thread up, I know it's a day or two early but hey:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2705700
Anyone watching the Honduras game tonight, reckon it's worth staying up for it?
lmao I have a £50 bet on England coming first in the groups.
Reply 9704
Original post by King Leonidas
Anyone watching the Honduras game tonight, reckon it's worth staying up for it?

kick off is at 21:45 I believe... not exactly late? But in all seriousness, Honduras are a poor team and it will be a walk in the park so it depends if you have better things to be doing.
Original post by cBay
kick off is at 21:45 I believe... not exactly late? But in all seriousness, Honduras are a poor team and it will be a walk in the park so it depends if you have better things to be doing.

Ohh I thought kick off was at 10.45, thanks for clarifying that:yy:

Yeah that's what I was thinking however, Ecuador weren't in good form going into the England game either, but they gave a good performance. I might just watch it:smile:
Original post by Jordooooom
1. Well no ****, most countries have a higher standard of football than Scotland

2. Yes, the english top flight. Which actually goes to show that having one of the best leagues in the world doesn't necessarily mean you'll have one of the best national teams. Brazil, Portugal, Argentina are all better than England and have much poorer leagues.

3. Having top flight players doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the best. France have a great squad and they are piss poor.

Portugal have a very strong league. Much stronger than Scotland that's for sure. Their national team isn't really better than England's though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King Leonidas
Ohh I thought kick off was at 10.45, thanks for clarifying that:yy:

Yeah that's what I was thinking however, Ecuador weren't in good form going into the England game either, but they gave a good performance. I might just watch it:smile:

All World Cup kickoffs are on the hour. England Italy starts at 10.

The latest kickoffs in the World Cup are at 11 pm uk time apart from one game: Ivory Coast-Japan which starts at 2am (???)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
All World Cup knockoffs are on the hour. England Italy starts at 10.

EDIT - Man said 'knockoffs' :biggrin:

EDIT - Man said 'knockoffs' :biggrin:

The FIFA website is bizarre. The timings are all 'local time' which is useless as there are different time zones. Typical FIFA. Thought it was in et.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier

The FIFA website is bizarre. The timings are all 'local time' which is useless as there are different time zones. Typical FIFA. Thought it was in et.

Definitely 11, it was originally meant to be 1am GMT but they brought it back a couple hours. Remember there being a fuss over it.

Anyone know if there are gonna be screenings in the big cities in England?
Reply 9711

Anyone know if there are gonna be screenings in the big cities in England?

just go to the pub
Original post by cBay
just go to the pub

There is that, but big screens are better.
Nah, Just man up and get a big long HDMI cable. 40+ of HD, in my chair out in the sun, beer on the table, some kind of dead animal on the BBQ. Perfect, within the realms of reality anyway.

No annoying kids or people saying how we should have taken Ferdinand.
Original post by Fizzel
Nah, Just man up and get a big long HDMI cable. 40+ of HD, in my chair out in the sun, beer on the table, some kind of dead animal on the BBQ. Perfect, within the realms of reality anyway.

No annoying kids or people saying how we should have taken Ferdinand.

That's how we do :cool:

Yeah my place is so suited to this as well. Dunno why I didn't think of this.
Original post by jam278

Inviting your mates round for match party / BBQs is the way to go.
Original post by jam278

My family are big tennis fans so it every Wimbledon.

Just found out I might miss the semi's and even the final. :facepalm2:
Original post by Fizzel
My family are big tennis fans so it every Wimbledon.

Just found out I might miss the semi's and even the final. :facepalm2:

It is all online apparently at BBC / ITV.
Original post by Old_Simon
It is all online apparently at BBC / ITV.
Yeah but I might be in the air then. Terrible timing.
Original post by Fizzel
Yeah but I might be in the air then. Terrible timing.

Does your plane have WiFi or can you buy WiFi, as it may be an option either for your mobile or computer.

Latest