The Student Room Group

No plans for my 18th!

Its my birthday next week.. the Saturday in fact, ill be 18.

But i dont have any plans yet :/

Im planning to go out of the night with a small group of friends but that isnt until 9:30pm :frown:

I dont like the idea of a meal because i do that every year and truth behold most of my friends and few family will be away anyway. I didnt want a party either because i dont want to waste my money too much haha

I just need some idea on what to do during the day time until i go out, bare in mind that i wanted to do something quite cheap as i fly away on holiday 3 days later and need most of my birthday money to take away with me.

Anyone got any ideas? :smile:
lmao i didn't do anything for my 18th, it aint a big deal yo
Reply 2
It's my 18th soon too, and all these years I imagined I'd so something huge, but as age and these bloody exams got to me, I honestly couldn't give a toss. :frown: totally get what you mean about the whole eating out thing, it's a tad generic. Why don't you go go-karting or like Thorpe park, Southend, a day trip.. or something fun like that?
Reply 3
Netfliiiiiiiiiiiiiix wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :party2:
My 24th birthday is on Tuesday next week. My family constantly pester me about what I'd like and what I want to do for it and I have no idea.

This is no different than 6 years ago for my 18th, nor any of the years in between!

Birthdays are a pain, man.
Reply 5
Original post by Ff96
It's my 18th soon too, and all these years I imagined I'd so something huge, but as age and these bloody exams got to me, I honestly couldn't give a toss. :frown: totally get what you mean about the whole eating out thing, it's a tad generic. Why don't you go go-karting or like Thorpe park, Southend, a day trip.. or something fun like that?

Yeah me too! ive always imagined id be doing something big for it but now the times come and with financial problems its just hard to find something to do.

I know doing nothing isnt a big deal to some people on here.. but it IS to me.. its my 18th and ill be moving away end of the yeah from family so might be the last birthday i have to actually do anything with them properly as my uni course is a demanding 52 weeks instead of the usual 38.

I dont care if its something small, i like your idea of go-karting! I suggested doing Thorpe Park too but we live like 3-4 hours away from there and would then involve staying over night then extra costs for hotels.. There no other theme park id want to go to because im been to them a million times before.

I just need something cheap and cheerful.
You need to take appropriate action for the deflowering ceremony.
Didn't do much for my 18th either!

Original post by rambo1168
lmao i didn't do anything for my 18th, it aint a big deal yo

:ditto:

:ditto:
There's plenty to do. I turn 20 on the 4th July but as much as everyone says to go out I'm not a going out type person... I'd be happy enough just to go to the beach, paint balling or even western riding for 2 hours, nothing special.
Original post by James A
x

She should go to the Croft race next week, amirite?
Come to mine, we'll have our own party :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silver Arrows
She should go to the Croft race next week, amirite?

Ironically I was gonna quote you on that here.

btw I won tickets for the croft race via the competition btcc ran :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by LadyEcliptic
There's plenty to do. I turn 20 on the 4th July but as much as everyone says to go out I'm not a going out type person... I'd be happy enough just to go to the beach, paint balling or even western riding for 2 hours, nothing special.

LMAO id love to live near anywhere where you could do that sort of stuff. i live about 5 hours from the nearest beach and im not sure the UK weather is appropriate for the beach XD
Reply 13
Original post by Silver Arrows
You need to take appropriate action for the deflowering ceremony.

Er.. what? :confused:
I didn't plan much for my 18th either - just arranged for a small group of friends to go out into town the following weekend after my birthday :smile:

It's not much of a big deal in my eyes - I plan on having a spectacular party for my 21st :cool:
I played video games and I might have masturbated.

It was a good day.
Original post by Shae_28
Its my birthday next week.. the Saturday in fact, ill be 18.

But i dont have any plans yet :/

Im planning to go out of the night with a small group of friends but that isnt until 9:30pm :frown:

I dont like the idea of a meal because i do that every year and truth behold most of my friends and few family will be away anyway. I didnt want a party either because i dont want to waste my money too much haha

I just need some idea on what to do during the day time until i go out, bare in mind that i wanted to do something quite cheap as i fly away on holiday 3 days later and need most of my birthday money to take away with me.

Anyone got any ideas? :smile:

If you just want to do something quite cheap then maybe go for a picnic or go to a beach or shopping or even go see a film? If you're going out clubbing or something in the evening (I assume as you're going out at 9:30?) then you'll probably want a few hours to get ready so you'll only really have the day time :h:
You could have a barbeque or something before you go out? Maybe invite family and friends and have some food and a couple of pre-drinks. If you ask everyone to bring a plate/bottle then it shouldn't be too expensive :h:
Original post by Shae_28
LMAO id love to live near anywhere where you could do that sort of stuff. i live about 5 hours from the nearest beach and im not sure the UK weather is appropriate for the beach XD

Oh really? :frown: well NI is pretty small so the beach is about 1-2 hours drive, or 2 by bus then train :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest