The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

aber questions

hi i’m an incoming international student starting fall 2024, im trying to figure out housing because the set up is very different for uni housing in the US. I know paperwork and actually signing up for accommodation is april 3rd n 18th. I guess I am more trying to see if how like figuring out flatmates is like for this situation or if i’m just gonna have to hope for the best lol!

i’m planning on staying in Cwrt Mwar and studying film production if that helps!
You won't find out who your flatmates are until after you've booked your room, if you/your flatmates want to, they can leave their details for you to see before you end up meeting. I'm also planning on staying in Cwrt Mawr.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by _Orangutan_
You won't find out who your flatmates are until after you've booked your room, if you/your flatmates want to, they can leave their details for you to see before you end up meeting. I'm also planning on staying in Cwrt Mawr.

ok slay thanks so much
Reply 3
Original post by thepickl3s
hi i’m an incoming international student starting fall 2024, im trying to figure out housing because the set up is very different for uni housing in the US. I know paperwork and actually signing up for accommodation is april 3rd n 18th. I guess I am more trying to see if how like figuring out flatmates is like for this situation or if i’m just gonna have to hope for the best lol!
i’m planning on staying in Cwrt Mwar and studying film production if that helps!

Ahhh exciting! You've already gotten an answer but if you want to make new friends lmk :biggrin: (I'm also going to study at Aber in sept)
I'm going to Aber too!!
anyone know what time the accommodation site opens tomorrow?
Original post by WellzR006
I'm going to Aber too!!

nice, what are you doing?
Reply 7
Original post by Noah_Laing
anyone know what time the accommodation site opens tomorrow?

registering your details is at 10 GMT april 3rd and then actually applying for accommodation is april 18th at 10 GMT
registering your details is at 10 GMT april 3rd and then actually applying for accommodation is april 18th at 10 GMT

thanks!
Original post by _Orangutan_
nice, what are you doing?

I'm doing Computer Science and AI. You?
Original post by WellzR006
I'm doing Computer Science and AI. You?
Cool, I'm doing Accounting and Finance.

Hey, I'm Mostafa and I'm a current student and ambassador for the university.

Our new accommodation portal allows you to enter your social media handles for platforms such as Instagram, Discord, etc. which would be visible to students who have also booked in the same flat/house as you (and you would also be able to view theirs!). This will allow you to connect and get to know each other before arriving. You can also coordinate with any students you've met online and book in together for the same flat/house. Finding flat mates for your first year of university can be a bit challenging but don't worry as a lot of other students will be in the same situation as you and our Res. Life team plans several events in the beginning of the year (and throughout!) to help you get to know your flatmates and meet them! There will also be a flatmate agreement meeting arranged by them after you move in to allow you to settle into your new home and make decisions about how you'd like to live together.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Quick Reply

Latest