The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day 2023

Hii,
Results day is around the corner and I’m so stressed, I feel so unprepared. What are your plans after results day? Are you doing an Apprenticeship, working, going Uni or deferring or do you have other plans? Have you made backup plans in case ur original plans fail? How are you feeling? Often when I speak to people there’s 2 types; people that aren’t worried because they know they did well and people who are very stressed.
I’m taking a gap year, and on the 18th I’m going on holiday (😬). I literally have no idea how I’ve done at all, and am really bad at knowing what I get on exams so I’m just prepared for anything, even though I’m predicted a* for history and psychology- I’m terrified I won’t have achieved this.
Reply 2
I'm predicted an A* in art and a A in economics and did terribly on mocks so I'm prepared for anything at this point
Reply 3
babes I'm absolutely ******** myself I've started stalking the Scottish SQL results thread you're not the only one I promise. Hopefully going straight to uni?? for natural sciences though I told my parents I was going to go for economics. Part of me wants to prepare for failure and another one is searching for apprenticeships and gap year opportunities lol.

Realistically I know I did alright? But the longer the wait the worse it gets you get me. You just need to remember how you felt about the exam when you just finished them in June, because we weren't doom-spiralling then (hopefully!)
Original post by Shaylahnaomi
Hii,
Results day is around the corner and I’m so stressed, I feel so unprepared. What are your plans after results day? Are you doing an Apprenticeship, working, going Uni or deferring or do you have other plans? Have you made backup plans in case ur original plans fail? How are you feeling? Often when I speak to people there’s 2 types; people that aren’t worried because they know they did well and people who are very stressed.

Hey there!

Results day can be stressful but whatever happens, it will all work out! I really reccomend going in with a plan for every situation. If you get the grades you need thats amazing! Make sure you let your next step know if needed. If you miss the grades, have a planned list of clearing unis you would be happy to go to, or alternative options such as jobs. Having a plan can reduce the stress a lot.

Good luck!

Kat

Quick Reply

Latest