The Student Room Group

Am I over reacting?

To cut the story short, my 18th birthday is this summer and I had asked my friends in November about going to a restaurant as my mum was booking it for us and a few of my friends. They said yes and we have been discussing it since, however, they seemingly forgot the day of my birthday and when I told them yesterday what time we were to meet they said they are in London that night and asked if I could do it another night instead. It just kind of stings because not only did they forget my birthday but they completely bailed 3 weeks before and took advantage of the kind offer from my mum :frown:
Definitely not overreacting
Reply 2
I beg to differ. I think you might be overreacting a little. Firstly planning 18th birthday in November is so far back and a lot can happen between then and now. Secondly they haven’t said they can’t make it, just not that particular night. Thirdly remembering somebody’s birthday and which particular day it falls on is difficult when birthday is several months away.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I beg to differ. I think you might be overreacting a little. Firstly planning 18th birthday in November is so far back and a lot can happen between then and now. Secondly they haven’t said they can’t make it, just not that particular night. Thirdly remembering somebody’s birthday and which particular day it falls on is difficult when birthday is several months away.

It’s more of the fact we had literally been discussing it before as well. In November it was only something I mentioned, I wasn’t going crazy planning it. In April I started talking about it more and they knew 100% the day. I don’t know, I can’t really reorganise my birthday, also I think committing to plans and then bailing is kind of rude.
committing and then bailing is definitely rude. If I've made any sort of plans I write it down in my organiser - it's not really difficult to stick to plans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending