how is everyone revising for this exam? Any predictions for 6 markers?? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Retrograde motion I think :smile:
Original post by brainsbox
Retrograde motion I think :smile:

OMG NO!:frown:
What can you even write about for that?
I hope the 6 markers are on international collaboration or the advantages of remote telescopes :tongue: if they're on anything else I'm gonna be so stuck!
I've done tonnes of revision but I don't feel prepared at all...hopefully it will be like C7!!
Reply 4
Original post by salihahmehmood
OMG NO!:frown:
What can you even write about for that?

Retrograde motion is the apparent motion where plants seem to be going 'backwards'
The motion is recorded from Earth, you see the movement of planets in respect to Earth's orbit and fixed stars
Different planets travel at different speeds on different planes, inner plants are faster than outer plants around the Sun
An example of retrograde motion is when a planet 'overtakes' Earth due to its speed, but then the Earth overtakes that planet - forming a loop pattern
Original post by coolgirlm1

# It's the end of exams as we know them,
it's the end of exams as we know them,
it's the end of exams as we know them,
and I feel fine... #

I dont think the Great Debate are going to come up, since it did last year and that's possibly the best thing for a 6 marker :frown:

Hopefully nuclear fusion comes up since it didn't last year :biggrin:
I'm actually quite scared for this exam since it can go either way; it's either going to be really good and straightforward or it's going to end up being really weirdly worded D: And knowing OCR this year, i don't know what to think :tongue:
Original post by Sulfur
Retrograde motion is the apparent motion where plants seem to be going 'backwards'
The motion is recorded from Earth, you see the movement of planets in respect to Earth's orbit and fixed stars
Different planets travel at different speeds on different planes, inner plants are faster than outer plants around the Sun
An example of retrograde motion is when a planet 'overtakes' Earth due to its speed, but then the Earth overtakes that planet - forming a loop pattern

Thank you!:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Amie_dancer
I hope the 6 markers are on international collaboration or the advantages of remote telescopes :tongue: if they're on anything else I'm gonna be so stuck!
I've done tonnes of revision but I don't feel prepared at all...hopefully it will be like C7!!

i haven't even revised that yet!! whats international collaboration and the advantages of remote telescopes?? am really worried now!
Reply 10
Original post by Sulfur

yeah but what type of 6 mark question would they give? or will they most likely give you a scenario?
Reply 11
yeah but what type of 6 mark question would they give? or will they most likely give you a scenario?

"Ranjit is an astronomer and is looking on the internet. He looks at the motion of the outer planets and comes across a picture of the outer planet's movement in a year.

[Picture]

Ranjit says that they're going backwards. Explain why Ranjit is wrong using the images and your own knowledge of Physics."
Reply 12
Original post by Sulfur
"Ranjit is an astronomer and is looking on the internet. He looks at the motion of the outer planets and comes across a picture of the outer planet's movement in a year.

[Picture]

Ranjit says that they're going backwards. Explain why Ranjit is wrong using the images and your own knowledge of Physics."

thanks by the way is this how your revising? going through questions most likely to turn up ?
Reply 13
thanks by the way is this how your revising? going through questions most likely to turn up ?

Nope, I'm going over my notes - but it was kind of fun making questions up, pfft exam boards have it easy.
Reply 14
Original post by Sulfur
Nope, I'm going over my notes - but it was kind of fun making questions up, pfft exam boards have it easy.

lol okay. yeah thats soo true.. exam boards do have it easy.. have you revised most of the topics in P7? :smile:
Reply 15
lol okay. yeah thats soo true.. exam boards do have it easy.. have you revised most of the topics in P7? :smile:

Yup but I don't know them all well enough sadly! What about you? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Sulfur
Yup but I don't know them all well enough sadly! What about you? :smile:

i've still got a lot to do! :frown: physics is my weakest science!
i haven't even revised that yet!! whats international collaboration and the advantages of remote telescopes?? am really worried now!

Hey don't be worried!
International collaboration is just where scientists from all over the world get together to launch things like satellite telescopes or build big Earth telescopes. It's good because they can share expertise and knowledge and also the cost of the project is shared between everyone :smile:

The advantages of remote telescope are just that they can be controlled by computer so people don't have to pay for the scientists to travel to the telescope. Also if the telescope is in space, it can be controlled by a computer to precisely track a star whilst the Earth rotates on it's axis :') good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest