The Student Room Group

University student satisfaction on the rise

Student satisfaction has risen, according to the National Student Survey (NSS).

Students are now 5% happier with their courses than 9 years ago (2005).

The Higher Education Funding Council analysed the results, but is the survey data as "invaluable" as its chief Professor Madeleine Atkins claims.

Quality of feedback has risen most, while in terms of subjects, maths is among the best appreciated subjects at uni, while creative art is among the lowest.

Have you been satisfied with your uni experience overall?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Numberwang
Student satisfaction has risen, according to the National Student Survey (NSS).

Students are now 5% happier with their courses than 9 years ago (2005).

The Higher Education Funding Council analysed the results, but is the survey data as "invaluable" as its chief Professor Madeleine Atkins claims.

Quality of feedback has risen most, while in terms of subjects, maths is among the best appreciated subjects at uni, while creative art is among the lowest.

Have you been satisfied with your uni experience overall?

There's been quite a dramatic increase in the proportion of students filling out the NSS over the period 2009-14

There has been a 39 per cent increase in the proportion of students completing the survey online since 2005.
http://www.hefce.ac.uk/news/newsarchive/2014/news87666.html

I'd expect the unis have been making more of an effort to encourage all their students to take part as this would dilute the votes of the most highly dissatisfied students who I would expect to be most motivated to take part in order to get it off their chests.

though the hefc have decided the increase in proportion participating hasn't affected the upward trend. (I'm not sure how)

but if the unis are actually improving, it's a good thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending