The Student Room Group

What phone do you have?

Scroll to see replies

I have the iPhone 4S which I loved at first after having had a stupid Blackberry but now, after having it for about a year and a half, I pretty much hate it with a passion. There's been a few problems but the most irritating one is that the button to put the wifi on is totally greyed out so obviously I can't use wifi on it. I really need to get a new phone..
Apple iPhone 5C and a Blackberry 9720
I absolutely fu***** laugh at people who spend hundreds, hundreds!!!!!!!!! on mobile phones..
I have the Samsung Galaxy Y, probably the cheapest smartphone, got it for £50.
Some people are beyond insane the amount they spend on these gadgets in my opinion but do whatever you like I guess.
Original post by Ruffiio
I absolutely fu***** laugh at people who spend hundreds, hundreds!!!!!!!!! on mobile phones..
I have the Samsung Galaxy Y, probably the cheapest smartphone, got it for £50.
Some people are beyond insane the amount they spend on these gadgets in my opinion but do whatever you like I guess.

You are aware that there are people who got their phones on contract aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
You are aware that there are people who got their phones on contract aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine on PAYG because I had the money to just pay it off as soon as the phone was available (HTC One) and what you do with your phone justifies it's price tag. I wouldn't be able to do a LOT of things if it wasn't for my phone. These days, they are extremely multi-functional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
I got mine on PAYG because I had the money to just pay it off as soon as the phone was available (HTC One) and what you do with your phone justifies it's price tag. I wouldn't be able to do a LOT of things if it wasn't for my phone. These days, they are extremely multi-functional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine on contract as I wouldn't have been able to buy a new phone. Plus I use my phone a lot so it justifies the contract. Agree with you that phones are extremely multi-functional.
Samsung Galaxy Ace. It's getting pretty ancient now, had to do a factory reset just yesterday.
Will be upgrading to a Galaxy S III next week probably, though.
Original post by Manitude
Samsung Galaxy Ace. It's getting pretty ancient now, had to do a factory reset just yesterday.
Will be upgrading to a Galaxy S III next week probably, though.

Haha, i have an ace 2. It's pretty ****ty on official firmware so i rooted mine and installed a custom rom. Cyanogenmod works amazingly for ace. Unleash teh inner beauty!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had the iPhone 4 but it overheats and the battery is awful. It takes 7 hours to charge :/ It doesn't even work anymore so I'm trying to get a new phone now.
Original post by Straw-man666
Haha, i have an ace 2. It's pretty ****ty on official firmware so i rooted mine and installed a custom rom. Cyanogenmod works amazingly for ace. Unleash teh inner beauty!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of mine tried doing that kind of thing on his S I a couple of years ago and completely messed up his phone. I'm not particularly tech savvy so I'd rather not risk getting it wrong.

I found a deal for the S III which is cheaper than what I currently pay per month, not upfront cost, has more internet allowance and is on the same network. Probably going to get it asap as it's not going to get much better than that.
Samsung Galaxy S3. No need to upgrade :wink:
Original post by ashleymacleod
I had the iPhone 4 but it overheats and the battery is awful. It takes 7 hours to charge :/ It doesn't even work anymore so I'm trying to get a new phone now.

7 hours damm thats long. how long does it take for your phone to die when using it.
HTC Desire C but when my Mum gets a new phone on 1st April 2015 I'm getting her iPhone 4s.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
7 hours damm thats long. how long does it take for your phone to die when using it.

The battery would go down so fast when I used it. I would take my phone to school and by 11 when I've hardly used it. It would be down to about 5-10% lol
Samsung galaxy s2 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ashleymacleod
The battery would go down so fast when I used it. I would take my phone to school and by 11 when I've hardly used it. It would be down to about 5-10% lol

same thing happens with my HTC Wildfire. my friends and family are always annoyed as to why i dont return their calls and i just have to say my phone died. my phone lasts me 4 hours tops.
Original post by James2810
HTC Desire C but when my Mum gets a new phone on 1st April 2015 I'm getting her iPhone 4s.

her iPhone 4S would be slow as heck by then and i am pretty sure that many apps would not be able to be used.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
her iPhone 4S would be slow as heck by then and i am pretty sure that many apps would not be able to be used.

Oh well, it will still be better than my current phone. One of my friends has an iPhone 3gs that still runs quick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending