The Student Room Group

Just made an account

Hi! Firstly is this thing safe? Secondly, how do i add my number on here and like uni stuff that was asked for when signing up bc I didn’t put it in but I’ve changed my mind now. Anyone got any solutions???
Reply 1
What number do you mean?

On my phone my profile pic is top right; i click on that, then on 'My profile' and can add details. Just be careful as this is a public forum and anyone can see it, not just members.
Reply 2
Thank you! By number, i mean when it asks you to sign up. You have the option to add your number for updates on course places etc. I didn’t put mine in but im starting to think i probably should have.
Original post by Surnia
What number do you mean?

On my phone my profile pic is top right; i click on that, then on 'My profile' and can add details. Just be careful as this is a public forum and anyone can see it, not just members.
Are you talking about on here? On TSR?
I've been here for nearly 19 years and I don't recall having ever seen somewhere to put my phone number in. I can't imagine what the purpose of putting a phone number into TSR would be.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I've been here for nearly 19 years and I don't recall having ever seen somewhere to put my phone number in. I can't imagine what the purpose of putting a phone number into TSR would be.

for some reason its not letting me upload a photo of the phone number page i was taking about, but this is what it says-
‘what is your phone number?
Sharing this means we can send you occasional alerts, such as updates on uni course places.’
I’m not sure why tsr isn’t letting me upload the photo, ill try again in the morning.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
It doesnt share it (i assume). it was part of the sign up process where it asks you about what a levels you take, what unis youre interested in, etc.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
fair enough - no idea but I'll query it
Original post by Ellejules
Hi! Firstly is this thing safe? Secondly, how do i add my number on here and like uni stuff that was asked for when signing up bc I didn’t put it in but I’ve changed my mind now. Anyone got any solutions???

Hey :smile:

Yes it is safe!

Are you on desktop/laptop or mobile?
Reply 8
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey :smile:

Yes it is safe!

Are you on desktop/laptop or mobile?

Laptop!
Original post by Ellejules
Laptop!

Great. Okay if you hover over your username in the top right you should see a drop down. If you hit the 'My personalised feed' it should bring up the same form you encountered when you first registered. You should just be able to fill that in from there:

DATA.PNG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending