The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

What if I don’t meet the english requirement by missing .5 in IELTS writing

I got 7.0 overall score on IELTS academics with 5.5 on writing section. But I recently, found out that the university is requiring 6.0 on writing part. I have the required scores for listening, reading and speaking parts. What should I do? There’s no available IELTS in August in my country.
You need to tell the uni ASAP. They may not be able to accept you onto the course.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous
I got 7.0 overall score on IELTS academics with 5.5 on writing section. But I recently, found out that the university is requiring 6.0 on writing part. I have the required scores for listening, reading and speaking parts. What should I do? There’s no available IELTS in August in my country.

Hi there,

Thank you for posting. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the Admissions team via our phone line. We will have a look at your application and your specific conditions. There may be some flexibility regarding your scores, however this depends completely on what course you have applied for. I would advise getting in touch directly as soon as possible as the CAS issuance deadline is fast approaching.

Best wishes,
Daniel
Reply 3
Original post by OxfordBrookesRep
Hi there,

Thank you for posting. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the Admissions team via our phone line. We will have a look at your application and your specific conditions. There may be some flexibility regarding your scores, however this depends completely on what course you have applied for. I would advise getting in touch directly as soon as possible as the CAS issuance deadline is fast approaching.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Hello,

I received my A level results yesterday and I didn't know about the CAS issuance deadline. I sent my results to the online portal but I haven't heard anything from the university yet. What should I do now? I tried to get in touch with the Admissions team via phone but it said that their phone line was closed.
(Original post by Anonymous)Hello,

I received my A level results yesterday and I didn't know about the CAS issuance deadline. I sent my results to the online portal but I haven't heard anything from the university yet. What should I do now? I tried to get in touch with the Admissions team via phone but it said that their phone line was closed.

Hi,

Thank you for your message. It sounds as though you called after our phone line had closed on Friday. I would advise giving us a call anytime between 9am and 2pm on Monday to let us know you have uploaded your results. Whether we can make you an unconditional offer will depend slightly on the situation, but if this is the only remaining condition to meet, we may still be able to do this.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending