The Student Room Group

University hasn’t received my clearing application

I’m having an issue where the university I applied to through clearing hadn’t received my application, but UCAS says that they have. I want to be released for Clearimg and UCAS say they can’t do it and it has to be the university, and the university is saying they don’t have an application and UCAS needs to do it.

I’m not sure what to do. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you
Original post by blossomx
I’m having an issue where the university I applied to through clearing hadn’t received my application, but UCAS says that they have. I want to be released for Clearimg and UCAS say they can’t do it and it has to be the university, and the university is saying they don’t have an application and UCAS needs to do it.

I’m not sure what to do. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you

What a mess. Have you been speaking to UCAS and the university on the phone? Or have you been exchanging emails?

If you've been using email, have you been exchanging messages with them separately? If so, then I suggest you send an email to them both, attaching the conversation with UCAS (where they say the university has your application) and with the university (where they say they don't) and hope that they're able to sort it out by communicating directly with each other.

If you've been doing this on the phone, you could try doing a three-way phone call (with the same aim - of getting them talking to each other), although might be more difficult to achieve.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
What a mess. Have you been speaking to UCAS and the university on the phone? Or have you been exchanging emails?

If you've been using email, have you been exchanging messages with them separately? If so, then I suggest you send an email to them both, attaching the conversation with UCAS (where they say the university has your application) and with the university (where they say they don't) and hope that they're able to sort it out by communicating directly with each other.

If you've been doing this on the phone, you could try doing a three-way phone call (with the same aim - of getting them talking to each other), although might be more difficult to achieve.

I've been calling and emailing. The university doesn't respond to emails are at all, and I can't do a 3-way phone call I don't think.

I'm honestly shocked at the way the university is acting, their staff are so untrained and rude. I've had the phone put down on me several times despite being polite, and they don't seem to understand the way Clearing works at all. I think they have outsourced the admissions work...
Original post by blossomx
I've been calling and emailing. The university doesn't respond to emails are at all, and I can't do a 3-way phone call I don't think.

I'm honestly shocked at the way the university is acting, their staff are so untrained and rude. I've had the phone put down on me several times despite being polite, and they don't seem to understand the way Clearing works at all. I think they have outsourced the admissions work...

Is there any particular reason you think the university might have outsourced their admissions work? Whilst many internal admissions teams are highly effective, that's not always the case. (KCL, for example, doesn't have the best reputation.)

If you can't get them to talk to each other, you need to get UCAS to provide some sort of evidence that the university has received your application, and then provide that evidence to the university.

I don't know what form this evidence might take, unfortunately. It likely depends on what technology the university are using to communicate with UCAS. Hopefully, there'll be some reference number - perhaps combined with a date a time - which the university can then use to locate your application.

@Admit-One, @PQ - any idea how to resolve a situation where the uni claims not to have received the application via UCAS, but UCAS claim they have?
This might sound like a silly question but are you 100% sure that you’re contacting the right university? Lots of universities have very similar names and ucas codes and it’s not unusual for applicants to search for the contact details for one on google and to get the results for another.
After double checking as per PQ's advice, I would take a screengrab of Hub showing that the application has been referred to them, and then call to follow up.

If you think you are talking to a generic phone person, there is no harm in asking to speak to someone senior in admissions as a) it's time sensitive, b) you're following on something that has previously been raised and c) something has gone wrong.
Reply 6
Thank you both. I've double checked and it is definitely the right university. It's weird because when I ring them they say they don't have my application, but then they know what course it was and all of my grades. So it seems they do have my application, or at least some of my applicant details, despite saying they don't? I've emailed over screenshots of my UCAS Hub too.

I have asked to speak to someone senior on the phone and they just ignore it. On the live chat they also ignore it, although I did have one person say 'a senior just replied to you', but when I asked who the senior was they ignored me so I'm not sure if that was true...
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending