The Student Room Group

Illegal immigrant gets killed after successfully arriving here in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolasinac138
In the meanwhile, why isn't there a nationalist, xenophobic Spanish party to kick out the millions of Brits stealing land in Spain?

There are a huge number of Spanish who live in the uk. The difference is that british people in Spain and vice versa is legal migration.

are you utterly thick ???
Original post by European Pride
There are a huge number of Spanish who live in the uk. The difference is that british people in Spain and vice versa is legal migration.

are you utterly thick ???

As far as I'm aware, most nationalist British parties want to kick out EU immigrants. (e.g Romania and Bulgaria)
As far as I'm aware, most nationalist British parties want to kick out EU immigrants. (e.g Romania and Bulgaria)

Which nationalist parties? The BNP are all but non existent and UKIP have never said any such thing. They want to limit immigration and apply a points system to those coming from the EU, I don't recall them ever saying they were going to round people up and ship them out

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
He knew what the risks were when he went on the coach, so I feel no sympathy or guilt.
Same goes for those crossing the Med.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's a little scary when the fact that an individual was born in a different area of our rock becomes their title, and a reason to perceive them differently. An immigrant, or a human, or a person, or a terrorist?
I am just pleased he was not able to get into the uk
Reply 46
Original post by RocketCiaranJ
It's a little scary when the fact that an individual was born in a different area of our rock becomes their title, and a reason to perceive them differently. An immigrant, or a human, or a person, or a terrorist?

It's all down to economics.
Original post by No Man
It's all down to economics.

And, economics is all down to our human psychological fallacies:eek:
Original post by RocketCiaranJ

I regard them as parasites
It's funny how you let some imaginary constructs of 'borders' make you sickos feel happy about the death of an innocent human being.
It's funny how you let some imaginary constructs of 'borders' make you sickos feel happy about the death of an innocent human being.

Borders are not imaginary they exist. And I could not care less about one third world parasite who failed to get to the uk. These pele will destroy the west with their backwards cultures and poisonous religion (Islam)
Reply 51
UKIP be like

Original post by European Pride
I regard them as parasites

:biggrin:
Original post by Jordanap
If he's gone through all that to get into the UK I think he deserved to become a citizen. People with that much motivation and determination to get what they want are much more beneficial than those fatty lazy benefit claimers

Wtf, it's not the Hunger Games where if you survive you get to become the "Victor"!

I have as much sympathy for this man as I do for anyone who takes a dangerous and reckless risk, i.e. very little and more for the family who will no doubt be distraught.
Original post by SaucySarah
We have become desensitized, the death of the innocent means nothing anymore. All everyone cares about is the fact it was and immigrant, God lord none of you did anything special to be born here at least have the decency to appreciate how easy everything is and some sympathy for those that put their lives at risk to come here for a better life.

Yes, the key word: put their lives at risk. Would you have as much sympathy for someone who jumped from a significant height without fully appreciating that the water below contained jagged rocks? His actions were reckless, dangerous and an avoidable waste of human life.

Please don't exaggerate that he acted out of some sort of desperation in order to achieve a "better life". He came through numerous civilised, wealthy countries in order to take a dangerous and reckless risk of trying to get into Britain in particular.

I have sympathy for his family and feel sorry for them that they are now suffering due to his actions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BlackJackson
The guy was just trying to come here and make a living. You people have no heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe so, but for every illegal immigrant in the UK, someone in the UK loses out.

They potentially lose their job, their home and their sense of security. I am living proof of this. There is no country like Britain that we can run to. It's unfair.
Original post by Al-farhan
Exactly, the lack of human empathy these days speaks volumes of the problems in society today.
Immigrant or not a poor man trying to get a better life died in the most of horrible ways rip.

So, basically, what you are saying is that we have to gush over how terrible this is and that anyone who adds a sense of reasonableness to the discussion is part of the "problems" in society today? Do you feel the same way about every death in the world?

You can have human empathy, which I mainly have for his family, but express the view that he wilfully put himself in danger in order to get into a particular country illegally when he had come through numerous safe, wealthy and civilised countries. His actions led to his avoidable death and I don't think that either his actions or the motivation for them were at all reasonable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lady Comstock
Wtf, it's not the Hunger Games where if you survive you get to become the "Victor"!

I have as much sympathy for this man as I do for anyone who takes a dangerous and reckless risk, i.e. very little and more for the family who will no doubt be distraught.

I feel sorry for the bus driver, he's the innocent party here. He set of with the good intentions of doing an honest days work in an honest job and is now guilty of killing someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness
I hope the bus driver doesn't get charged with manslaughter or anything.

Of course he bloody wouldn't.

I feel so sorry for the poor man, imagine how hard life must be to become that desperate. :frown:
Original post by sasunerd
The world is for everyone - R.I.P. to the man who wanted a better life in a different part of the world.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending