The Student Room Group

Mistake in the address in graduate visa application UK

I am an international student who has completed my masters course and now applied for graduate visa. As part of the application process,under personal details section I was asked to list down all the addresses I have lived so far in the last 2 years.In one of the addresses I mentioned a wrongcountry name (BRISTISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY INSTEAD OF INDIA),selected a wrong dropdown name by mistake. Could my visa application be refused based on this mistake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don’t think it would be refused on that basis alone, you would always want to give accurate correct information so it is worth contacting UK visas and immigration and inform them that you have made mistake filling out your application, they will either change the details for you or you’d have to cancel application and resend them with the correct information. It is just a minor mistake, there’s no harm in contacting them. Good luck with your visa application!
Canceling the application on this error would be a huge thing.I had contacted UKVI and they suggested to write a supporting letter explaining the error.I have done that, let's see how it goes
Heyy! So relieved to find this here. I have made a mistake with my current address. It is a tiny one where I have put a slightly different post code. Will that be a problem? And who should I send the supporting letter to you? Were you able to get a positive decision?
Hello,

I have got the graduate visa.It shouldn't be an issue, however it would be better to provide a letter in the evidence section.That is what I did

Also,I did post the letter

Hope this helps
Got it. Will do that now.

Thanks.
Reply 6
Hi, can anyone please help me. I have added my home country address when they had a question about the past 2 years residency I added my home country address and didn’t add uk address. What should I do now? Do I have to withdraw my application?
Original post by NainaDwivedi
Hello,

I have got the graduate visa.It shouldn't be an issue, however it would be better to provide a letter in the evidence section.That is what I did

Also,I did post the letter

Hope this helps

i has same issue .could you please tell me the format how to write cover letter to home office when we do mistake
thanks for reply
i am worrying about it .could you please let me the format how to write letter to home office
Hi I didn't add the 2 years of address details when applying psw I has added only one year details ( added only UK adress) is that an issue
Original post by NainaDwivedi
Canceling the application on this error would be a huge thing.I had contacted UKVI and they suggested to write a supporting letter explaining the error.I have done that, let's see how it goes

How did you contact UKVI? When I tried to they only tell you to send an email to [email protected] and, then the apply online E support people tell you to contact on the general enquiry number. Calling on the general enquiry number they ask you to send an email to the following address. I am stuck in between them both making me run in circles. Please guide me.
Reply 11
I have recently applied for my graduate immigration visa but i had mistake in date of arrival to UK. Can it be an issue? Do I need to write a letter? If yes, to whom? Please kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 12
Original post by Kschu
I don’t think it would be refused on that basis alone, you would always want to give accurate correct information so it is worth contacting UK visas and immigration and inform them that you have made mistake filling out your application, they will either change the details for you or you’d have to cancel application and resend them with the correct information. It is just a minor mistake, there’s no harm in contacting them. Good luck with your visa application!

How did you managed it? I just had some mistake in my application in date arrived at UK. Can you please help me?
Reply 13
Original post by Swathy 2023
Hi I didn't add the 2 years of address details when applying psw I has added only one year details ( added only UK adress) is that an issue

Did you get any response from the visa office yet? I also have made some error in date arrived to UK. What have you done? Can you please suggest.

Thank you
Reply 14
Original post by DeenaRMT
I have recently applied for my graduate immigration visa but i had mistake in date of arrival to UK. Can it be an issue? Do I need to write a letter? If yes, to whom? Please kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi did you hear back about your decision from the UKVI yet?

I applied Hi for my Graduate Visa recently and made a similar kind of error. In my application form, I mentioned the arrival date (20th October 2021) correctly but in my Current Address section, I answered the Question "When did you start living here" as June 2021 instead of June 2022. As a result, I wasn't able to add my previous address in the UK from October 2021 to June 2022 and the address of my Home Country.

Then I found an email to contact the UKVI following this link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

In response, they advised me to write a Cover Letter to highlight my errors and upload it as a supporting document in the application portal. I then spoke with them directly and finally wrote and uploaded the letter. I applied on 22nd December and uploaded the Letter on the 28th and yet to hear back about my decision.

For these typographical errors I believe submitting a Cover Letter is the only solution as we can't change the details on the online form once submitted.

Hope this answer helps.

Please keep us posted about your decision and I will do the same once I hear back from them.
HI

someone has already mentioned above that he/she gave a wrong post code to UKVI ,I have done Similar mistake in my PSW application ? withdrawing the application is going to cost me a lot of money.
just wanted to ask if this mistake has affected the outcome of application?

kindly reply
Original post by DiptoImran
Hi did you hear back about your decision from the UKVI yet?

I applied Hi for my Graduate Visa recently and made a similar kind of error. In my application form, I mentioned the arrival date (20th October 2021) correctly but in my Current Address section, I answered the Question "When did you start living here" as June 2021 instead of June 2022. As a result, I wasn't able to add my previous address in the UK from October 2021 to June 2022 and the address of my Home Country.

Then I found an email to contact the UKVI following this link: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

In response, they advised me to write a Cover Letter to highlight my errors and upload it as a supporting document in the application portal. I then spoke with them directly and finally wrote and uploaded the letter. I applied on 22nd December and uploaded the Letter on the 28th and yet to hear back about my decision.

For these typographical errors I believe submitting a Cover Letter is the only solution as we can't change the details on the online form once submitted.

Hope this answer helps.

Please keep us posted about your decision and I will do the same once I hear back from them.

did you get the decision?
Reply 17
Original post by richakhabade

I have done same error and submitted handwritten letter as well and its been 15 days and havenot received any response yet. How long will it take to get the visa? My visa is going to expire on end of this january.

Please do update your status. You
Reply 18
Original post by richakhabade

Hi yes I got my decision today from the UKVI that my application is successful. How about you?
Reply 19
Original post by DiptoImran
Hi yes I got my decision today from the UKVI that my application is successful. How about you?

I also got my graduate visa today. Cheers😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending