The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Applying for Student Visa

Are you an international student applying for an UG course in the UK? Here are some tips on student visa application and what to do upon arriving in the UK!

Apply for Student Visa
Once you have requested your Confirmation Acceptance of Studies (CAS), you should start filling up your Student Route visa application form online as soon as possible!
This process usually takes a while to fill so be sure to allow ample time beforehand to prepare any necessary supporting documents or information beforehand. If you need to close the page, you can always save your form and complete it later on. Once complete, you will then have to pay for immigration health surcharge and an application fee.

Biometric Appointment
After completing the online Student Route visa application form, you will then be required to book a biometrics appointment at a visa application centre within your country. During the appointment they will collect your passport, scan your fingerprints and take a picture for your biometric residence permit. I would highly recommend making sure that you have ample time on your passport expiry date and postponing any travel plans till your application has been approved. This process could take about three weeks and visa processing times vary by country! Once approved, you will then be given back your passport with an entry permit attached and you can start booking your flight tickets! I recommend booking a one way flight into the UK and checking for any student airline discounts that provide free baggage!

Arrival in the UK!
Upon your arrival in the UK, you will then be required to collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) from a police station, post office or mailed to your home address. This will be your visa to exit and enter the country, so be sure to bring it along with you if you plan to travel!

I hope this short write up helps in your preparation for studying abroad in the UK! If you have any questions feel free to drop them down in the comments below and I will try my best to answer them. Alternatively you can check out the link below for more information regarding the application process!
https://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/visas-immigration-and-cas/immigration-for-students/#blockid21806

Zhi En (Kingston Rep.)
Original post by Kingston Reps
Are you an international student applying for an UG course in the UK? Here are some tips on student visa application and what to do upon arriving in the UK!

Apply for Student Visa
Once you have requested your Confirmation Acceptance of Studies (CAS), you should start filling up your Student Route visa application form online as soon as possible!
This process usually takes a while to fill so be sure to allow ample time beforehand to prepare any necessary supporting documents or information beforehand. If you need to close the page, you can always save your form and complete it later on. Once complete, you will then have to pay for immigration health surcharge and an application fee.

Biometric Appointment
After completing the online Student Route visa application form, you will then be required to book a biometrics appointment at a visa application centre within your country. During the appointment they will collect your passport, scan your fingerprints and take a picture for your biometric residence permit. I would highly recommend making sure that you have ample time on your passport expiry date and postponing any travel plans till your application has been approved. This process could take about three weeks and visa processing times vary by country! Once approved, you will then be given back your passport with an entry permit attached and you can start booking your flight tickets! I recommend booking a one way flight into the UK and checking for any student airline discounts that provide free baggage!

Arrival in the UK!
Upon your arrival in the UK, you will then be required to collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) from a police station, post office or mailed to your home address. This will be your visa to exit and enter the country, so be sure to bring it along with you if you plan to travel!

I hope this short write up helps in your preparation for studying abroad in the UK! If you have any questions feel free to drop them down in the comments below and I will try my best to answer them. Alternatively you can check out the link below for more information regarding the application process!
https://www.kingston.ac.uk/international/visas-immigration-and-cas/immigration-for-students/#blockid21806

Zhi En (Kingston Rep.)

Thanks for this Zhi En, do you mind if I stick this thread to the top of the forum, it should help a lot of applicants. :smile:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending