The Student Room Group

Why is Nandos so overrated?

I hear lots of people going on about nandos like it's amazing & tastes so good. I tried it for the first time last year and it was like WTF? Chicken & chips that costs £10 per person It doesn't even taste that great, you can buy a bottle of peri peri sauce for like £1 and a chicken for £4 in the supermarket and you can feed 4 people, . Nandos is crap!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate the nandos hype. I've been a few times and it's always full of 15 year olds instagramming pics of their 'cheeky nandos'.
The food isn't that good quality, and is overpriced. Just like most crappy food chains really.
Reply 2
Original post by vickidc18
I hear lots of people going on about nandos like it's amazing & tastes so good. I tried it for the first time last year and it was like WTF? Chicken & chips that costs £10 per person It doesn't even taste that great, you can buy a bottle of peri peri sauce for like £1 and a chicken for £4 in the supermarket and you can feed 4 people, . Nandos is crap!!

I've never been and have only been somewhat interested in it once. Glad it's not all that good :smile: Oriental buffets are sooo much better, like £7 for all you can eat heaven :P
Reply 3
Original post by ldsbabe
I hate the nandos hype. I've been a few times and it's always full of 15 year olds instagramming pics of their 'cheeky nandos'.
The food isn't that good quality, and is overpriced. Just like most crappy food chains really.

Hahah I love the phrase cheeky nandos
Reply 4

Why eat out at all? I'm pretty sure I could recreate most meals you would find in a restaurant for a fraction of the price.

I like Nando's because it can be reasonably healthy and is quite convenient.
I'd rather go to my local PFC and buy a family meal for £10
Tastes good, but yeah, definitely overpriced
Reply 7
Original post by ldsbabe

Original post by lizziec1996
Hahah I love the phrase cheeky nandos

What the **** is a cheeky nandos? lmao
Reply 8

A phrase absolute dicks love to use when informing us they are about to eat nandos.

You have to snapchat/instagram/fb/twitter that you are having a "cheeky nandos" before you eat your meal. It's part of the rules!

I actually love Nandos.

I like Nando's. It's quite cheap in my opinion and tastes nice and I'm not one to host dinner parties so it is a great way to share a meal with friends without spending much money. Like someone said above, you could argue that there's no point in eating out at all because you can almost always cook everything yourself for a fraction of the price.
It's all right but its not as good as everyone makes it out to be. It's pretty mediocre
It was nice at the beginning when it was still Portuguese style chicken
Cheap, good portion sizes, great flavour.

I really struggle to see what isn't to like about Nandos.
Reply 14
I don't know maybe it's because I like to cook, and I know I could create something better than Nandos in a short amount of time, so I don't like spending money onit!
Original post by Conzy210
Cheap, good portion sizes, great flavour.

I really struggle to see what isn't to like about Nandos.

It's popular so some people will dislike it. Not sure why that's the rule, but it is.
Incredibly overrated.
Original post by pane123
It's popular so some people will dislike it. Not sure why that's the rule, but it is.

hipsters gonna hipster
Original post by pane123
Why eat out at all? I'm pretty sure I could recreate most meals you would find in a restaurant for a fraction of the price.

I like Nando's because it can be reasonably healthy and is quite convenient.

It really isn't healthy at all though is it. If you like eating it then fine, everyone loves indulgence food. But don't pretend nandos is a "healthy" option because it definitely isn't. The amount of salt alone in each meal makes in unhealthy never mind everything else.

Personally I find nandos to be as crap as every other over priced franchised restaurant.
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
It really isn't healthy at all though is it. If you like eating it then fine, everyone loves indulgence food. But don't pretend nandos is a "healthy" option because it definitely isn't. The amount of salt alone in each meal makes in unhealthy never mind everything else.

Personally I find nandos to be as crap as every other over priced franchised restaurant.

It can be reasonably healthy, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest